Green Waste 1
|Junk and Whitegoods|
|Green Waste 2|
|A||4 September||6 November||30 April|
|B||11 September||20 November||7 May|
The City provides collection services for general junk (bulk) and green waste (leaves, branches, tree / shrub prunings and grass clippings). The areas and collection dates are listed in the City’s annual waste collection calendar and the bulk and green waste map issued to residents (as seen in the table above).
Alternatively, you can look up your property on Intramaps to check for your weekly garbage and recycling collection, your next green waste, junk and white good pickup and the next depot waste drop off.
This service is for residential properties only. If you live within the Fremantle CBD area, please contact our waste management team on 08 9432 9999 for more information.
Please help to keep our neighbourhood clean by ensuring that you do not place verge material out more than 10 days prior to the collection date. Non-compliance may result in a fine.
We’re reviewing the way we manage Freo’s verges
We understand how important waste services are to our community and also how important it is to have safe, clean and attractive verges in Freo.
With this in mind, we’re reviewing the way we manage residential verges. This includes looking at how bulk and green waste is collected and recycled, our verge maintenance program (including mowing) and the provision of mulch.
If any of your waste is recyclable, you can bring it to the City’s recycling centre on Knutsford Street which is open every weekend between 8.00 am-4.00 pm.
- white goods, eg - stoves, fridges, washing machines
- general junk, eg - funiture and other household items
- timber products (up to 1.5 metres in length)
- Scrap metal.
Items not collected:
- green waste
- bags of leaves
- chemicals, oils or paints
- asbestos products
- bricks, sand or building rubble
- cement or concrete
- plate glass or shower screens
- food stuffs or domestic rubbish
- tree stumps or palm logs
- car bodies, tyres, batteries or vehicle parts
- gas cylinders.
In addition to the Junk and Whitegoods verge collection date shown above, bulk waste bins will be available for ALL AREAS at the Montreal Street Depot (corner Knutsford Street) on the following dates:
- 20 - 21 May 2017
- 22 - 23 July 2017
- 16 - 17 September 2017
- 24 - 25 February 2018
- 19 - 20 May 2018
This service is restricted to a limit of 1 box trailer per residence (waste from commercial / industrial properties will not be accepted).
Gates are open Saturday & Sunday between 8:00am – 4:00pm.
Green waste includes leaves, branches, tree/shrub prunings and grass clippings. Please ensure that your green waste is placed on the verge on the Saturday and Sunday prior to your collection week.
- Green waste placed out late will not be collected and inspections will be carried out.
- Tree trunks larger than 300 mm or branches longer than 1.5 m will not be collected.
- Loose leaves and grass clippings should be placed in your normal household green topped rubbish bin. They must not be placed in bags or cardboard boxes for collection as green waste. This waste is now treated in a composting facility as part of the household waste stream.
- Green waste contaminated with general rubbish will not be collected.
- No bulk rubbish will be collected – green waste only.
- The equivalent of two, 6 x 4 trailer loads from each resident will be collected.
- Green waste is to be placed on the verge without obstructing the footpath wherever possible. The green waste will be collected by machine so please avoid placing it next to trees, power poles, on sprinklers and water meters.
Items not collected
- bags or boxes of leaves, loose leaves or grass clippings
- weeds and root materials
- sand and soil materals
- general rubbish, junk or white goods
- dug out lawn.
Non-compliance will result in your waste not being collected.
Please do not place any verge collection items on vacant land or in any park land.
Trailer loads of green waste may be taken to the Regional Resource Recovery Centre (RRRC) at 350 Bannister Road, Canning Vale and is open Monday to Sunday from 8.00 am–4.00 pm
No materials such as sand, plastic or general waste will be accepted. Contact the Regional Resource Recovery Centre on 08 9256 9555 for current prices.
City of Fremantle
81 Knutsford Street
T 08 9432 9999
F 08 9430 5883