|Area||Junk and white goods 2016||Green waste 2016||Junk and white goods 2017||Green |
|A||5 September 2016||7 November 2016||Under review||3 April 2017|
|B||19 September 2016||14 November 2016||Under review||10 April 2017|
The City provides collection services for general junk (bulk) and green waste (leaves, branches, tree / shrub prunings and grass clippings). The areas and collection dates are listed in the City’s annual waste collection calendar and the bulk and green waste map issued to residents (as seen in the table above).
Alternatively, you can look up your property on Intramaps to check for your weekly garbage and recycling collection, your next green waste, junk and white good pickup and the next depot waste drop off.
This service is for residential properties only. If you live within the Fremantle CBD area, please contact our waste management team on 08 9432 9999 for more information.
Do not follow your neighbour and always check the dates first. Placing waste on the verge outside your specified collection is considered illegal dumping and could attract fines of up $62 500 for individuals and $125 000 for corporations by the Department of Environment.
Only place your bulk or green waste on the verge the weekend prior to your areas collection week. Waste needs to be placed on the verge by 6.00 am on the Monday of your collection week.
Please ensure that white goods (refrigerators, freezers, stoves and washing machines) have their doors removed for safety reasons.
We’re reviewing the way we manage Freo’s verges
We understand how important waste services are to our community and also how important it is to have safe, clean and attractive verges in Freo.
With this in mind, we’re reviewing the way we manage residential verges. This includes looking at how bulk and green waste is collected and recycled, our verge maintenance program (including mowing) and the provision of mulch.
This financial year’s bulk waste (junk and whitegoods) verge collection took place in September 2016. A second collection is not scheduled for the remainder of the 2016-17 financial year.
If you have junk and whitegoods you want to remove from your property, please take it to the City’s operation centre (Knutsford Street) on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 February, where free bulk waste bins will be available (jump to the bulk waste bin info).
If any of your waste can be recycled, you can also bring it to the City’s recycling centre which is open every weekend between 8.00 am-4.00 pm.
The next green waste verge collection is scheduled for April 2016.
The dates for the 2017-18 financial year waste collection will be distributed in the Resource Recovery calendar in June 2017.
- white goods, eg - stoves, fridges, washing machines
- general junk, eg - funiture and other household items
- timber products (up to 1.5 metres in length)
- Scrap metal.
Items not collected:
- green waste
- bags of leaves
- chemicals, oils or paints
- asbestos products
- bricks, sand or building rubble
- cement or concrete
- plate glass or shower screens
- food stuffs or domestic rubbish
- tree stumps or palm logs
- car bodies, tyres, batteries or vehicle parts
- gas cylinders.
Bulk waste bins, which are for junk and white goods only, not green waste, are located at the depot at Montreal Street corner of Knutsford Street (opposite the Fremantle Public Golf Course) on:
- 25-26 February 2017
- 20-21 May 2017
As an additonal service, bulk waste bins are provided at the City of Fremantle Works Depot car park for residents to dispose of some large rubbish four times per year. These dates are listed on the bulk and green waste map provided to residents, or on Intramaps.
The service is restricted to the equivalent of one 6 x 4 box trailer load per domestic property. Waste from commercial / industrial properties will not be accepted. Building material and green waste will not be accepted in these bins.
Gates are open between 9.00 am–4.00 pm.
Green waste includes leaves, branches, tree/shrub prunings and grass clippings. Collections are undertaken twice a year from every household in the City of Fremantle. Collection weeks are shown on the annual waste collection calendar issued to residents (as seen above). Please ensure that your green waste is placed on the verge on the Saturday and Sunday prior to your collection week.
- Green waste placed out late will not be collected and inspections will be carried out.
- Tree trunks larger than 300 mm or branches longer than 1.5 m will not be collected.
- Loose leaves and grass clippings should be placed in your normal household green topped rubbish bin. They must not be placed in bags or cardboard boxes for collection as green waste. This waste is now treated in a composting facility as part of the household waste stream.
- Green waste contaminated with general rubbish will not be collected.
- No bulk rubbish will be collected – green waste only.
- The equivalent of two, 6 x 4 trailer loads from each resident will be collected.
- Green waste is to be placed on the verge without obstructing the footpath wherever possible. The green waste will be collected by machine so please avoid placing it next to trees, power poles, on sprinklers and water meters.
Items not collected
- bags or boxes of leaves, loose leaves or grass clippings
- weeds and root materials
- sand and soil materals
- general rubbish, junk or white goods
- dug out lawn.
Non-compliance will result in your waste not being collected.
Please do not place any verge collection items on vacant land or in any park land.
Trailer loads of green waste may be taken to the Regional Resource Recovery Centre (RRRC) at 350 Bannister Road, Canning Vale.
The RRRC is open Monday to Sunday from 8.00 am–4.00 pm. No materials such as sand, plastic or general waste will be accepted. Contact the Regional Resource Recovery Centre on 08 9256 9555 for current prices.
City of Fremantle
81 Knutsford Street
T 08 9432 9999
F 08 9430 5883