Council and standing committee meetings
Council decisions often affect you directly and we encourage your interest and participation in local issues. All City of Fremantle Council and Committee meetings are open to the public. The City of Fremantle Council meetings include:
- ordinary council meetings
- standing committee meetings which comprise the strategic and general services committee, planning services committee, the library advisory committee and the audit committee
Council and committee agendas and minutes
Agendas are published by 5.00 pm Friday the week before the meeting. A limited number of hard copies of the agenda are available at each meeting and can be collected from the desk near the entrance to the council chambers. Electronic copies of the agendas are available here. Alternatively, a copy of the agenda can be viewed at the library, located at the Town Hall Centre, 8 William Street, Fremantle.
The City of Fremantle is required under the Local Government Act 1995 to publish minutes within ten working days following the council meeting and five working days following the standing committee meetings.
Meeting place and dates
All council and committee meetings are held in the City of Fremantle Council Chambers and commence at 6.00 pm. The council chambers are located at the Town Hall Centre, 8 William Street, Fremantle (access via stairs, opposite Myer).
All meeting dates are listed in the calendar and meetings are held monthly in the following manner:
- ordinary council meetings – 4th Wednesday of each month
- strategic and general services committee meetings – 2nd Wednesday of each month
- planning services committee meetings – 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month
- library advisory committee - quarterly in February, May, August and November (held at 5.30 pm in the committee room immediately before the strategic and general services meeting for that month)
- audit committee - as required
For disabled access, contact the appropriate minute secretary on the contact numbers listed below before close of business on the day of the meeting.
Queries relating to upcoming council and committee meetings are to be addressed to the following: