Cantonment Hill Working Group
At its December 2012 meeting, council agreed to reinstate a working group to participate in the implementation of the approved master plan and associated first stage works for Cantonment Hill.
Since its inception, the Cantonment Hill Working Group has performed well by developing the a master plan for the area and has unertaken works in the area including:
- removal of litter, including broken glass
- repaired damange caused by vandalism and graffiti in the signal tower
- bush works, including clearing paths and pruning of trees and other vegetration
The working group was successful in developing a master plan and community consultations indicated a preference for a working group to participate in the implementation of the master plan and ensure the following essential outcomes are achieved:
- integrated implementation and management of development stages
- consultation with the community
- secure available grant funding
- cooperative working arrangement with the Army Museum of Western Australia.
Any recommendations will be provided for consideration by council in accordance with working group requirements.
For more information, contact the Manager City Works on 08 9432 9999.
Membership of the working group includes:
- two elected members
- one community representative with a heritage interest
- one community representative with an Aboriginal interest
- three community representatives with interest, knowledge or experience in landscape master planning, environmental science or natural areas.
The following table provides information on meeting times and working group members.
As determined by the group
Cr Robert Fittock
Cr Andrew Sullivan
Cr B Massie
Cr J Wilson
Mayor Dr Brad Pettitt (ex-officio)
CEO or nominated representative
Dr Peter Cock