South Beach changerooms and toilets internal upgrade
The toilets and change rooms at South Beach will be undergoing an internal refurbishment during November 2011, prior to the Perth2011 World Sailing championships in December 2011.
The refurbishment will include the replacement of plumbing fixtures and re-tiling of the ladies and mens toilets and change rooms.
Works will commence with the change rooms first, in the first week of November; all toilets will remain open during this time, with outdoor showers available as normal.
Work to the men’s and ladies’ toilets will start in mid November, with one area being closed off at a time – during this period, temporary toilet facilities will be available on the beach side of the toilet and change room building.
Time permitting, the disabled access toilet will either be refurbished prior to or immediately following the Perth 2011 World sailing Championships.
The work is scheduled for completion by the end of November 2011. Please visit this page for regular progress updates.
Week commencing Monday 14 November 2011
Works are underway with the change rooms. Re-tiling of the change rooms has commenced and the existing toilets have been removed in the ladies.
Week commencing Monday 21 November 2011
Works being undertaken this week are;
- Both toilets are closed and portables are in place and emptied on a regular basis.
- All plumbing fittings have been removed and new pipes installed.
- Ladies shower, toilet ,sink and footwash area tiled and ready for new plumbing fittings.
- Mens are having finishing touches to tiling done. All plumbing fittings ready to be installed once tiling is done.
- New anti vandal lights have been installed.
- Nine new metal doors are to be fitted by end of this week.
- New toilet roll holders and sharps bins to be installed by end of this week.
- Painting of partitions to start this week.
Monday 17 September - Friday 28 September 2012
Rendering and painting of the facilities are currently being undertaken. During these works, the change rooms will be running alternate closures (ie - ladies will be open while mens are closed and vice-verca).
Portable toilets will be on site during this time and we thank you for your patience during this time.