Bulk and green waste collection.
We provide separate collection services five times per year for general junk (bulk) and green waste (leaves, branches, tree/shrub prunings and grass clippings). The areas and collection dates are listed in the City’s annual waste collection calendar and the bulk and green waste map issued to residents.
Or, you can look up your property on Intramaps to check for your weekly garbage and recycling collection, your next green waste, junk and white good pickup and the next depot waste drop off.
This service is for residential properties only. If you live in the Fremantle CBD please contact our waste management team on 08 9432 9999 for more information.
Do not follow your neighbour, check dates first. Placing waste on the verge outside your specified collection is considered as illegal dumping and could attract fines of up $62,500 for individuals, and $125,00 for corporations.
Place your bulk or green waste on the verge the weekend prior to your areas collection week. Waste needs to be placed on the verge by 6.00 am on the Monday of your collection week.
Please ensure that white goods (refrigerators, freezers, stoves and washing machines) have their doors removed for child safety reasons.
Junk and white goods/metal collections
- white goods (stoves, fridges, washing machines)
- scrap (funiture and other household items)
- timber products (up to 1.5 metres in length)
- general junk.
Items not collected:
- no green waste
- no bags with leaves
- no liquids
- no chemicals, oils or paints
- no asbestos products
- no bricks, sand or building rubble
- no cement or concrete
- no plate glass or shower screens
- no food stuffs or domestic rubbish
- no stumps or palm logs
- no car bodies, tyres, batteries or vehicle parts
- no gas cylinders.
Bulk waste bins
As an additonal service, three times a year, bulk waste bins are provided at the City of Fremantle Works Depot car park for residents to dispose of some large rubbish. These dates are listed on the bulk and green waste map provided to residents, or on Intramaps.The depot is located on Knutsford Street, Fremantle (opposite the Fremantle Public Golf Course).
The service is restricted to the equivalent of one 6 x 4 box trailer load per domestic property. Waste from commercial/industrial properties will not be accepted. Building material will not be accepted in these bins.
Gates open between 9.00 am–4.00 pm.
Green waste includes leaves, branches, tree/shrub prunings and grass clippings. collections are undertaken three times per year from every household in the City of Fremantle. Collection weeks are shown on the annual waste collection calendar issued to residents. Ensure that your green waste is placed on the verge on the Saturday and Sunday prior to your collection week.
To find out your next green waste collection day vist the IntraMaps – online mapping page and type in your residential address (the dates will appear in the box on the right hand corner).
- Green waste placed out late will not be collected and inspections will be carried out.
- Tree trunks larger than 300 mm or branches longer than 1.5 m will not be collected.
- Loose leaves and grass clippings should be placed in your normal household green topped rubbish bin. They must not be placed in bags or cardboard boxes for collection as green waste. This waste is now treated in a composting facility as part of the household waste stream.
- Green waste contaminated with general rubbish will not be collected.
- No bulk rubbish will be collected – green waste only.
- We will only collect the equivalent of two (2) 6 x 4 trailer loads from each resident.
- Green waste is to be placed on the verge without obstructing the footpath wherever possible. The green waste will be collected by machine so please avoid placing it next to trees, power poles, on sprinklers and water meters.
Items not collected:
- no bags or boxes of leaves, loose leaves or grass clippings
- no weeds and root materials
- no sand and soil materals
- no general rubbish, junk or white goods
- no dug out lawn.
Non-compliance will result in NO COLLECTION.
Do not place an verge collection items on vacant land or in any park land.
Trailer loads of green waste may be taken to the Regional Resource Recovery Centre (RRRC) at 350 Bannister Road, Canning Vale.
The RRRC is open Monday to Sunday 8.00 am–4.00 pm. No materials such as sand, plastic or general waste will be accepted. Contact the Regional Resource Recovery Centre on 08 9256 9555 for current prices.