If you hold the following:
- Pensioner concession card
- State concession card
- Commonwealth seniors health card and a state seniors card.
you could receive a concession of up to 50% on rates, levies and/or charges or forgo this concession and defer these rates, levies and/or charges.
If you hold a:
- State seniors card, you could receive a concesssion of up to 25% limited to a maximum of $257.45 on the rates and $70.00 on the Emergency Services Levy
To qualify you must:
- Hold a valid pensioner concession card, state concession card, state seniors card or both a state senior card and a commonwealth senior health card
- Be the owner and occupier of the property as your ordinary place of residence as at 1 July of any rating year
- Pay your portion of the eligible current rates, levies, and/or charges along with any any arrears, prior to 30 June of each financial year
- Commence an agreed payment program on any arrears owing with payments under such a program being paid in addition to payment of your portion of the concessional eligible rates, ESL and/or charges.
How do you apply for a concession?
Call the Water Corporation on 1300 659 951 and they can take your application over the phone. You will need to have your concession card handy as you will need to provide your card details. You can also apply online by visiting the Water Corporation website.
Once your application is approved, details will be forwarded automatically to the City for the application of the concession the applicable rates, levies and/or charges.
Any concession will be applied pro-rata from the date that an approved application is lodged with the Water Corporation or the City of Fremantle.
Note: a penalty of $1 000 is applicable, should a claim be made for a pensioner/senior concession when ineligible for such a concession.
Deferred rates, levies and charges
- You are only able to defer if the property owner is a full concession holder
- Where rates, levies and/or charges are deferred then any concession will be forfeited
- Deferred balances will be due and payable where there is a change in the property circumstances such as renting of the property, changing its ownership, the concession holder passing away or subdivision/strata titling of the property.