About the library
Fremantle City Library is a joint enterprise between the City of Fremantle, Town of East Fremantle and the Library Board of Western Australia. The councils provide the buildings and staff, while the board provides book stock and other back up services.
Membership is available to all Western Australian residents, and allows you to enjoy books, CDs, DVDs, internet access, the local history collection, children’s library, story time, toy library, and events for children and adults.
The library offers a range of services including:
- a collection of books, pamphlets, photos, local newspapers, manuals and oral history relating to the City of Fremantle, East Fremantle and neighbouring suburbs.
- a community information service connecting people with local and Fremantle resources and organisations.
- programs designed especially for children.
- borrow toys, games, costumes and puzzles for children aged 0–6 years.
- upcoming and current events held at the library.
- Fremantle City Library blog.
Fremantle City Library
Town Hall Centre
T 08 9432 9766
F 08 9432 9895
TTY 08 9432 9777
Monday 9.30 am–5.30 pm
Tuesday to Thursday 9.30 am–8.00 pm
Friday 9.30 am–5.30 pm
Saturday 9.30 am–5.00 pm
8 William Street, Fremantle WA 6160
Click on map for a larger version