Becoming a member
Membership to the Fremantle City Library is available to all Western Australian residents.
To become a member you must have proof of current address, together with a second contact. You must present your member card to borrow - all items borrowed on your card are your responsibility. All items are lent for a period of up to 3 weeks. If you lose your card, please advise us as soon as possible. There is a $3.70 fee for replacement cards.
- borrowing up to 12 items, including books, magazines, DVDs, CDs, videos and other items
- reserving books from the library and other libraries
- renewing your items by phone, in person, or online (up to two renewals are possible)
- internet access
- access to the Fremantle History Centre collection
- joining events held at the library
- borrowing items from the toy library (for Fremantle and East Fremantle residents)
- the children's library
- school holiday activities.
Temporary memberships are available for visitors.
Fremantle City Library
Town Hall Centre
T 08 9432 9766
F 08 9432 9895
TTY 08 9432 9777
Monday 9.30 am–5.30 pm
Tuesday to Thursday 9.30 am–8.00pm
Friday 9.30 am–5.30 pm
Saturday 9.30 am–5.00 pm