Buildings constructed in Fremantle before the Second World War were generally built with traditional construction materials and methods. These buildings are often different to those that are the result of modern construction and therefore may require a different approach to repair and maintenance.
To assist building owners in Fremantle in caring for their heritage properties, the City of Fremantle has developed a series of technical advice sheets that have been tailored to our local conditions and our rich building history.
Technical advice sheets
- Introduction to good conservation practice
- Checklist for inspections
- Looking after limestone walls
- Limestone walls need lime mortars
- Dealing with dampness in old walls
- Repointing lime mortar joints
City of Fremantle
70 Parry Street, Fremantle
T 08 9432 9999
F 08 9430 4634