Neighbour to Neighbour 2022 - Support, Connect and Inform
The City of Fremantle's Neighbour to Neighbour program links local volunteers with residents in need during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Whenever you need a helping hand, we're here to connect volunteers with their neighbours.
Our incredible volunteers can help with:
- dog walking
- picking up groceries, essential goods, or a library book
- dropping off face masks
- offering a lift to an appointment or social event
- light housework or gardening
- technical help to access online services or download apps
- a weekly chat
If you, or someone you know, need one-off or short-term support for simple home tasks, or more complex support connecting to relevant local government agencies, please contact our friendly Neighbour to Neighbour team.
Support is here.
Telephone: 1300 MY FREO (1300 693 736) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get COVID-Ready Kit
Friend in Need App
As we navigate through these challenging times, it's easy to lose sight of our own well-being and sometimes those around us....the 'Friend in Need App' can be both helpful for you, your family, co-workers, neighbours and the people you support and their families and carers. Just scan the QR code using your photo app and click on the link that comes up.
- Positive Ageing Grant: Some requests for assistance from residents with a concession card, may also qualify for a Positive Ageing Grant, please click here for more information or call 1300 693 736.
- Neighbourhood Quick Response Grant: This grant supports projects and initiatives that make positive connections within Fremantle’s neighbourhoods and local communities. Click here.
If you would like to become a N2N Volunteer please email N2N@fremantle.wa.gov.au or call 1300 693 736, and the City’s Volunteer Officer will arrange a chat over the phone or in person, to discuss what’s involved.
Quick searches for a broad range of services
The City has put together a number of resources that will be handy during hard times. Here are some links that make the search a bit easier: