Positive ageing is important to us all.
The City of Fremantle aims to be an age-friendly city, and provide residents over 55 years of age opportunities to live a happy, healthy, independent and socially engaged life.
Wanjoo Welcome Lounge
The Wanjoo Welcome Lounge (formerly known as the One Stop Shop) is the space for seniors, located within the new Library at the Fremantle Oval. Come and visit us, or learn more.
Want to try something new?
Visit Curious to find out free Come and Try activities for over 55s.
Agelink Performance - Between Wind and Water
Garden Party Collective
The Garden Party Collective have been doing an amazing job bringing communities together over the last few months. Here's a snapshot of the project outcomes so far:
- Eight events have been complete so far...more in the planning
- More than 380 people have been engaged
- Activation of five community spaces in the City of Fremantle
- Community Connectors are already forming neighbourhood committees to ensure groups are sustainable and events will continue
- Efforts have been made to engage with isolated seniors.(Face-to Face invitations to neighbours and bring a friend concept)
- Local businesses and creative enterprises have been engaged and supported in the process-Catch Music, Summerhouse , Hilton Pizza, local caterers
- There has been some very positive feedback from Community Connectors and participants at events
For more photos and news on how the workshop participants have been working to build community, read more here.
Memory Cafe - A memory cafe to support and be inclusive of people living with dementia in the local community. Come down and join us for a coffee and some great conversation.
Home collection for over 65's
Home collection service for over 65's - Fremantle residents aged 65 and over can now have selected unwanted household items collected from their doorstep for free. The City will collect whitegoods like fridges and washing machines, old mattresses, and e-waste like TV's and computers and take them away to be recycled.