Aged care assistance
- My Aged Care. Phone 1800 200 422.
- GPs can set up My Aged Care referrals on behalf of individuals. This enables easy reference of your medical needs to be verified.
- Advocare: can assist set up your ‘My Aged Care’ package. They also have an Elder Abuse Helpline: 1300 724 679 and 9479 7566
- COVID-19 helpline for seniors: 1800 171 866.
- COTA: Council of the Ageing WA: Working towards an equitable, just and inclusive society in which older people can flourish.
- Wellbeing checks for seniors: Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) or OPAN Covid-19 (password: OPANcovid-19).
- Seniors Rights and Advocacy Service: information on elder abuse, planning for the future, living arrangements.
Local services and support
- Wanjoo Welcome Lounge: is a community space for people over the age of 55 years. It is run by volunteers and is opened Monday to Friday between 9am–3pm.
- Tech Help in the Library occurs on Wednesdays 9.30–11am with a volunteer.
- The Meeting Place: is based in South Fremantle and brings the community together through a range of unique courses, workshops, events and talks.
- TADWA’s Technology and Computer Services team helps people find the technology that best suits their needs, helps them get online and connected with what is most important to them and gives them ongoing support. Phone 93797400.