Positive Ageing Assistance
The Positive Ageing Assistance fund is a City of Fremantle grant which aims to support older people on a concession living in the City of Fremantle, to assist them maintaining their independence in their own home.
For more information, please click here.
Neighbour to Neighbour (N2N) Project
The City of Fremantle has developed Neighbour to Neighbour, a community project to offer support to those who may need one-off or short term assistance, delivered by local volunteers. For more information, please click here.
Being able to use a computer, laptop or mobile phone is an important aspect of keeping connected to family, friends and the community and being able to access key government departments like My Aged Care, Centrelink, Medicare and My Gov.
The City offers 'Tech Help' in the Fremantle Library, Lower Ground Floor, Walyalup Civic Centre. Free and no bookings required, just bring along your charged up device. Volunteers are available every Mon (2pm to 4.30pm), and Wed and Sat (9.30am to 11am).
Pensioner and Seniors concessions rate
Property owners who hold an eligible Pensioner Concession Card, State Concession Card or both a Seniors Card and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card may be entitled to:
- a state government rebate of up to 50% off current City rates capped for 2020–21 at $750 and 50% off the current state government emergency services levy or
- forgo the rebates and defer them plus any unpaid current City rates or emergency services levy. Eligibility to defer is where a card holder is entitled to a full rebate. Payment of deferral balances is required where there is a change in property ownership or occupation.
Property owners that hold a Seniors Card may be entitled to:
- A state government rebate of up to 25% off current City rates and levies and state government emergency services levy capped for 2020–21 at $100 and $110.25 respectively.
Eligibility for a state government rebate or other benefits is subject to the card holder:
- Owning and occupying the property at 1 July of any rating year;
- Fully paying their portion of the rating assessment on or before 30 June of the rating year;
- Commencement of an acceptable payment program in clearance of any arrears balances.
Applications are accepted over the phone on 1300 659 951 or online on the Water Corporation website.
All rebates are funded by the Government of Western Australia.
Visit the rates page for further information.
The City offers a community safety team to assist the residents and tourists with any concern they may have. The number is 1300 360 666 (1300 MYFREO) and can be contacted from 7am–9pm seven days a week.
Safety and Security Rebate for Seniors - if you are a WA Seniors Card member, you can apply to receive the Safety and Security Rebate which allows a claim of up to $400 per household towards a purchase of eligible home security or safety items. Click here for more information or call 1800 671 233
Scamnet - Western Australian Government WA - for information on current scams, reporting a scam, types of scams and scamp prevention, click here for more information or call 1300 304 054
Council of the Ageing Western Australia
Council of the Ageing Western Australia (COTAWA) has released a seniors information support pack that provides a guide to ageing and provides all the information in one stop shop from accessing to Aged Care Assessments, social and physical engagement, safety and security, and a useful guide to resources.
Safe and Found
WA Police in partnership with Medic Alert Australia have launched the Safe & Found initiative to help people at risk of going missing by collecting and storing detailed information that will assist Police in their search. This information will include physical characteristics, habits and behaviours, previous addresses, health issues and more, giving Police a better picture of the person they're looking for.
A Safe & Found bracelet is included with your membership and is engraved to ensure loved ones are reunited with their families as soon as possible.
Membership is free to those already registered with Medic Alert and for eligible pensioners, the registration fee can be covered by the City's assistance.