Neighbour to Neighbour (N2N) Project
The City of Fremantle has developed Neighbour to Neighbour, a community project to support at risk and vulnerable community members, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. The N2N project pairs local volunteers with people needing assistance. People in need of assistance including:
- people with a disability
- people with pre-existing health conditions
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- indigenous people.
Pensioner and Seniors concessions rate
Property owners who hold an eligible Pensioner Concession Card, State Concession Card or both a Seniors Card and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card may be entitled to:
- a state government rebate of up to 50% off current City rates capped for 2020–21 at $750 and 50% off the current state government emergency services levy or
- forgo the rebates and defer them plus any unpaid current City rates or emergency services levy. Eligibility to defer is where a card holder is entitled to a full rebate. Payment of deferral balances is required where there is a change in property ownership or occupation.
Property owners that hold a Seniors Card may be entitled to:
- A state government rebate of up to 25% off current City rates and levies and state government emergency services levy capped for 2020–21 at $100 and $110.25 respectively.
Eligibility for a state government rebate or other benefits is subject to the card holder:
- Owning and occupying the property at 1 July of any rating year;
- Fully paying their portion of the rating assessment on or before 30 June of the rating year;
- Commencement of an acceptable payment program in clearance of any arrears balances.
Applications are accepted over the phone on 1300 659 951 or online on the Water Corporate website.
All rebates are funded by the Government of Western Australia.
Visit the Rates page for further information.
Community Safety (Rangers)
The City offers a community safety team to assist the residents and tourists with any concern they may have. The number is 1300 360 666 (1300 MYFREO) and can be contacted from 7am–9pm seven days a week.
Council of the Ageing Western Australia
Council of the Ageing Western Australia (COTAWA) has released a seniors information support pack that provides a guide to ageing and provides all the information in one stop shop from accessing to Aged Care Assessments, social and physical engagement, safety and security, and a useful guide to resources.