The City of Fremantle recognise the extensive reasons to volunteer and benefits for volunteering which is why the City manages internal volunteer programs as well provides information, resources and support for volunteering externally in the community.
Identifying the reason for wanting to volunteer assists supervisors, managers and organisations to place a volunteer in a role that will produce benefits for the volunteer.
Volunteering is a highly rewarding and enjoyable experience with many benefits:
- making a difference to the lives of others
- supporting a cause that you are passionate about
- giving something back
- supporting vulnerable community members
- helping the environment
- feeling valued and part of a team
- spending quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- gaining confidence and self-esteem
- gaining or develop new skills, knowledge and experience
- improving employment prospects
- meeting new people and making new friends.
- gaining skills and experience
- combating stress, loneliness and social isolation