This service is the result of 2 years of research with Deakin University and 60 Geelong businesses, and we are now running it in WA.
This is a no cost service that will work one-on-one with businesses to enable them to become more confident in three ways:
- Customer Service and Client Accessibility: Improve/Become more welcoming of the 1 in 5 Australians who have a disability who may be customers, stakeholders, referrals who all form a potentially untapped market. This can potentially boost your revenue by 20% or more!
- Retain & Support Staff: Help to support and retain employees who may acquire a disability (or may already have a disability that is not visible or disclosed) so that skilled talent is not lost
- Expand Talent Pool: Expand your recruiting options - tap into a broader talent pool when making recruiting decisions
The time commitment is 3 hours over two meetings. There are four basic elements to the service.
- A business analysis will be undertaken to understand your business and workplace culture to inform PWDWA’s recommendations. This will take 15 minutes and is an online survey.
- An upskilling workshop to build your awareness about disability and unconscious bias. This is a two-hour workshop delivered by young people with disabilities that can be delivered flexibly to you and your staff.
- A site audit i.e. walking around your building and giving you written feedback about improvements to accessibility. This will take one hour, and PWDWA will conduct it at a time suitable to the business. If you do not have a site, we are happy to offer an online audit instead, where we look at the accessibility of your online presence
- A recommendations document with practical strategies.
More information on the program can be found by contacting Isabella from PWDWA via phone: 08 9420 7279 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.