Lodging houses | City of Fremantle

Lodging houses


A lodging house is any building which makes provision for the lodging of more than 6 persons (exclusive of the family of the owner (keeper) or manager), for hire or reward. A lodging house includes serviced apartments, short term hostels such as backpackers and recreational campsites.

Should you wish to open a lodging house, you must ensure you obtain the appropriate planning and building approvals, as well as completing an application to register a lodging house.

Lodging houses are inspected regularly for compliance with the City's Health Local Laws 1997- Lodging Houses to ensure acceptable sanitary standards, emergency provisions and pest control are being maintained.

Contact us

Environmental Health Services 
City of Fremantle
Fremantle Oval
70 Parry Street, Fremantle
E health@fremantle.wa.gov.au
T 08 9432 9999
TTY 08 9432 9777

Vertical Tabs