COVID-19 Support Hotline
Do you have questions about COVID-19 impacting your business? The City’s business support team has collected and collated a plethora of information relating to the support being made available by local, state and federal governments in response to COVID-19. Businesses can call our free COVID-19 Business Support hotline to seek advice or information relating to these support packages and other key resources and support agencies. Call (08) 9432 9950 or email email@example.com to access advice via the hotline. Further information is available at the City's COVID-19 information for businesses page.
Digital Marketing Webinar with Curtin University's Dr Billy Sung
This digital marketing webinar is hosted by Dr Billy Sung from The School of Marketing at Curtin University and brought to you by the City of Fremantle. Focusing on facts and tips to maximise the impact of your business’s social media and search engine marketing and advertising, this webinar is recommended for business owners and marketing officers that have an interest in adding value to their business promotion. Dr Billy Sung is a Senior Lecturer specialising in digital marketing and consumer psychology and leads the Consumer Research Lab at Curtin University.
City of Fremantle's Business Capacity Building Program
The City of Fremantle has developed a Business Capacity Building Program that enables local small businesses to access tailored one-on-one training, support or mentoring from industry experts.
This program is currently at full capacity and will be reviewed in the new financial year. Keep an eye on this page for the latest updates.
As part of our Business Capacity Building program, the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce is hosting a series of free forums for the local business community. If you missed out, you can find the podcasts of the forums here.
- Forum 1: How to navigate tight cash flow
- Forum 2: How to activate spaces
- Forum 3: Leasing in a challenging market
- Forum 4: Cyber security
- Forum 5: 'Experience' - is it a buzz word?
- Forum 6: Getting your product to market
- Forum 7: Social media trends, tips, tricks and influencers
- Forum 8: Closing the sale
- Forum 9: Creating Positive Workplace Culture
- Forum 10: Creating attractions and events
- Forum 11: Marketing in a visually sophisticated world
- Forum 12: Budgeting through the eye of the storm
- Forum 13: Mind, Body & Business in a Time of Crisis
Forum 14: Wednesday 1 July 2020 - Bricks and mortar in a digital age
Expert business advice
Business Foundations is a non-profit organisation delivering business assistance to small to medium businesses throughout Western Australia. If you are a Western Australian business you are eligible for government-funded support across a wide range of areas, including one-to-one professional advice.
Business Foundations run regular training and workshops on all matters of business, to help improve the performance of your business. For the latest workshop click here.
Small Business Development Corporation is here to help our local small business community. Their services are free of charge for all WA small businesses, without requiring any financial subsidy from your organisation.There is no limit to how often people can access their services.
For a summary of their free advisory services, information and templates, visit their dedicated webpage. In addition, they are posting regular blog updates with the latest information and guidance to small businesses through this challenging period.
Fremantle Chamber of Commerce champions policies and strategies that improve the business environment in Fremantle, enhance community prosperity and develop a sustainable mix of business and lifestyle opportunities for Fremantle’s future. The Chamber acts as an advocate for the business community, a conduit for information and a promoter of Fremantle’s position in the regional landscape.
Workshops and opportunities
Free workshops in Fremantle
Check out the following free workshops that are on offer for your business:
- Online webinar Wednesday 22 July - How To Start An Online Business
Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC)
SBDC have developed a series of free online workshops that cover a range of topics over multiple dates. These topics include Small Business Health Check, Creating an Online Shop, How to Start Marketing with Instagram, Understanding Business Financials, Raising Business Capital and many more. View the full schedule of SBDC online workshops.
Keep an eye on the following links for other opportunities to grow your business knowledge at workshops and seminars:
- ATEC and City of Perth invite you to register for the 'China Host' Tourism Workshop (WA)
- Fremantle Chamber of Commerce
- Accelerating Commercialisation grant program by business.gov.au. The business.gov.au website is a service of the Business Entry Point Initiative.The Initiative is funded by the Australian Government and coordinated by the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (DIIS)
- If you run a tourism business you might like to check out upcoming events with Tourism Council WA
High Street is currently closed between Henry Street and the Round House for Watercorp's Pipes for Fremantle project.
T 08 9432 9999
TTY 08 9432 9777