The City of Fremantle is here to work with you through the successful operation of your business. Whether you need advice, upskilling or networking opportunities, we are here to help.
City of Fremantle Business Capacity Building Program
This year the City of Fremantle is piloting a Capacity Building Program for up to 40 local businesses. As a business owner you can access tailored one-on-one training, support or mentoring from industry experts to assist your operations in a tough economic climate.
To encourage and support local businesses further, we are subsidising a massive 80 per cent of the program’s cost.
At the end of the pilot period on 30 June 2019, we will consider extending and broadening the program based on your feedback.
To be eligible for the Capacity Building Program, businesses must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Retail or hospitality business as defined by the Australian Taxation Office (eg clothing store, restaurant, bike shop)
- A lease on, or ownership of, a bricks and mortar shop in the City of Fremantle (excludes popups)
- Business ownership based in City of Fremantle
- Small business as defined by Australian Bureau of Statistics (fewer than 20 employees) and the Australian Taxation Office (Annual revenue less than $2million)
- Download the application form
- Confirm that you meet all eligibility criteria
- Select one capacity building stream (more information below)
- Submit your form to email@example.com
- Once approved, you'll be connected with your selected service provider
Note that places in the program will be awarded on a "first come, first served" basis for all eligible businesses.
Capacity Building Streams
1. General Business Advice - Business Foundations www.businessfoundations.com.au/business-advice
Cost to business: $100 + GST
Gain general business advice to identify, address and solve issues affecting your business. Business areas covered include:
- Business/Corporate structure
- Business strategy
- Personal development
- Staff Development / HR Issues
- Specific business challenges or issues
2. Financial management - Freo Now www.freonow.com.au/
Cost to business: $100 + GST
Improve your business’ finances and reap the rewards. We will explore all financial aspects of your business and help you put together written action plans. Financial areas we cover include:
- Financial planning
- Cash flow analysis
- Operational revenue and cost analysis
- Accounting systems advice
3. Sales & promotion - Freo Now https://www.freonow.com.au/
Cost to business: $100 + GST
Marketing and promotion has never been more important! You will learn how to create a greater presence so you are shoppers’ first choice. Improve your knowledge across the following areas:
- Sales training
- Digital and social media
- Merchandising and presentation
- Customer service
4. Business Performance Assessment (Business HealthCheck) - Business Foundations www.businessfoundations.com.au/businesshealthcheck
Cost to business: $88 + GST
You will receive an independent assessment of your strengths and weaknesses across nine different areas. Plus, you will receive a comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand report inclusive of recommendations outlining the steps required to improve the efficiency and value of your business.
Interested and want to learn more about the Capacity Building Program? Contact the Economic Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly forums with the Chamber of Commerce
As part of our Business Capacity Building program, the Fremantle Chamber of Commerce is hosting a series of free forums for the local business community. If you missed out, you can find the podcasts of the forums here.
Forum 1: 8:00am, Monday 6 May 2019 - How to navigate tight cash flow
Forum 2: 8.00am, Monday 10 June 2019 - How to activate spaces
Forum 1: 8:00am, Monday 10 July 2019 - Leasing in a challenging market
Expert business advice
Business Foundations is a non-profit organisation delivering business assistance to small to medium businesses throughout Western Australia. If you are a Western Australian business you are eligible for government-funded support across a wide range of areas, including one-to-one professional advice.
Business Foundations run regular training and workshops on all matters of business, to help improve the performance of your business. For the latest workshop click here.
Fremantle Chamber of Commerce champions policies and strategies that improve the business environment in Fremantle, enhance community prosperity and develop a sustainable mix of business and lifestyle opportunities for Fremantle’s future. The Chamber acts as an advocate for the business community, a conduit for information and a promoter of Fremantle’s position in the regional landscape.
Freo Now is an independent, business-led organisation that provides business coaching, works to drive customers into local businesses and advocates for Fremantle small business. Fremantle businesses can become members to access Freo Now's services and programs.
Free workshops in Fremantle
Check out the following free workshops that are on offer for your business:
- How to sell online
- Single Touch Payroll for Small Business
- Business Over Coffee: Mental Health/Work Balance
- Business Over Coffee: Facebook & Instagram Marketing
Other learning opportunities
You might like to keep an eye on the following links for other opportunities to grow your business knowledge at workshops and seminars:
New small businesses that have registered for GST may be eligible for the ATO's Business Assistance Program to assist with their tax and super obligations.
If you run a tourism business you might like to check out upcoming events with Tourism Council WA.
Car Park 11 (next to Esplanade Reserve) will be closed for the duration of the Winterworld activation from 29 June - 21 July.
T 08 9432 9999
TTY 08 9432 9777