The City of Fremantle recognises the pivotal role community groups and organisations play in the delivery of diverse and vibrant communities. The community grants program supports projects and initiatives that make a positive contribution to Fremantle’s community.
- Community Grants (up to $5,000).
Community grants – Round 1
1 September 2020
5pm, 30 September 2020
Community grants – Round 2
1 March 2021
5pm, 31 March 2021
Since March 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has created significant unforeseen impacts across all aspects of the global community, including Fremantle. Many are struggling with the unprecedented changes and challenges in daily life.
In response to these rising and exposed challenges, the community grants program will be focused on providing funding to projects and initiatives that respond directly to the recovery of the first and secondary impacts of the COVID-19 crisis.
The impact on community well being is continuing to emerge, with the most severe being felt by vulnerable and disadvantaged groups. These impacts include:
- exacerbated mental health concerns
- drug and alcohol use
- increase in family and domestic violence
- women (disproportionately affected by unemployment and economic consequences)
- housing and homelessness
- increased burden on women, due to a rise of caring responsibilities
- absence of critical avenues for people to connect with each other, culture and community.
How to apply
Applications for round 1 are now closed. The next grant round will be held in March 2021.