One Day in Fremantle - Australia Day celebrations
The City of Fremantle will host the next One Day in Fremantle on Sunday 27 January 2019 at Esplanade Reserve (Marine Terrace).
One Day is a free, non-ticketed, family-friendly event – just show up! Find out more.
2018 performers and entertainment
- Kate Miller-Heidke and her string quartet
- DJ Kevin Parker of Tame Impala
- Arnhem Land hip-hop artist Baker Boy
- DJUKI MALA dancers.
Singer-songwriter Gina Williams was our host and there was plenty of family friendly activities throughout the day which began with a smoking ceremony (led by Neville Collard) at Bathers Beach.
Welcome to Country was performed by Marie Taylor and Dr Richard Walley OAM.
2018 workshops and roving entertainment
- Bush tucker tastings and ochre face painting by Bindi Bindi Dreaming
- weaving creatures with Sharyn Egan
- loose parts play and cubby making with Nature Play Solutions
- hair braiding and henna art with the Freedom Fairies
- yarn circle and pledge with ICEA
- native plant giveaway from APACE
- instrument making workshop and performances with Junkadelic
- One Day portraits with Camera Story’s photo booth
- make your own screen printed One Day t-shirt or carry bag with Tricia Stedman and Printing Pals (please note: screen printing incurs a small charge of $10 per screen printed item).
- Chinese Lion performance presented by the Chung Wah Association
- make your own paper clay vessels with Holly O’Meehan
- learn circus skills with Circus WA or chill out with Buster the Fun Bus presented by Fremantle library.
One Day 2018 and 2017 drew crowds of over 15 000 and we can’t wait for you to be part of this community event this year.