Use these resources to help with your family history or property research.
- State Library - Guide to WA History – Provides great links for family history research as well as online databases
- Post Office Directories - Lists people by locality, individual surname, government service, and by trade or profession. Covers 1893-1949.
- State Records Office - Includes hospital and health records, births deaths and marriages, prison and gaol records.
- Western Australian Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages – Search the online indexes for births deaths and marriages as follows, Births (1841-1932), Deaths (1841-1971) and Marriages (1841-1936).
- Metropolitan Cemeteries Board – Looking for where someone may be buried, search the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board for Fremantle Cemetery, Karrakatta Cemetery, Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park, Guildford Cemetery, Midland Cemetery and Rockingham Regional Memorial Park
- East Perth Cemeteries – Search for burials at the East Perth Cemetery.
- National Archives of Australia – Looking for immigration records or passenger lists, check out this archive which includes records about immigration, military service, transport, Indigenous Australians and science and the environment.
- Australian War Memorial – Find out information about family members or individuals involved in Australian conflicts
- Heritage Council of Western Australia – Search the database to find out if your property is on the Municipal Heritage Inventory or on the State Register
- Post Office Directories – Address information to help the postman deliver letters. Great to discover who lived in your house over the years from 1893 to 1949.
- Australian Heritage Photographic Library – interested in heritage, explore this website to find images and information about heritage sites in your local area.
- Intramaps can give you heritage information about your property in the Fremantle area.
- Trove – A world of information online including historical newspapers up to 1956, images, oral histories, film and more.
- State Records Office – Search their online database to look at historical maps, convicts records, school records or virtually any document created by the state government.
- Royal Western Australia Historical Society - the Society advocates for history and heritage throughout the State, and runs a museum, reference library and photographic collection.
- People's Ocean Knowledge Trail - information on Nyoongar country and stories.