The Fremantle Leisure Centre is open all year round and offers a range of health and fitness programs including learn to swim and group fitness classes. The centre boasts four heated swimming pools, a gym, café, crèche, training room and swim shop all located on 3.5 hectares of open grassed space. Memberships are available.
Music in this video by Bensound.
The Fremantle Leisure Centre is centrally located near the Fremantle Train Station with bus stops within 100 metres of our doorstep.
Click on the above map for a responsive map of where we are.
Arriving by CAT bus
Fremantle's free CAT bus stops right at the centre and can connect you from central Fremantle, South Beach or the train station. Click on the link to go to the Transperth website.
Many other TransPerth buses also stop close to the centre. Click on the link for more information on TransPerth public transport and to plan your journey to the centre.
The Fremantle Leisure Centre provides ACROD, bus and general parking to the public.
Off-street car park 14 is allocated specifically for leisure centre patrons and offers the following options:
- pay parking–buy a ticket as normal and then bring in the tear away copy to reception and we will refund this amount off your entry fee. Refunds cannot exceed the cost of admission.
- parking permits–these are available for centre members, swim school patrons and multi-visit pass holders only and can be obtained at our reception. Parking permits are only valid for our off–street car park (ie. not valid on Shuffrey Street).
- parking on Shuffrey Street–parking must be paid for between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm seven days a week and is free at all other times.
If car park 14 is full there is free parking available on Quarry Street, Finnerty Street, Ord Street and Beach Street car park 12B (ask at reception for directions).
The Fremantle Leisure Centre is a fully accessible facility. The 25m, 50m and leisure pool are equipped with access ramps. We also have junior and senior aquatic (waterproof) wheelchairs that may be used at any time. All pools can be accessed with a chairlift hoist if required (please advise in advance or allow time for set up if you require this service).
Duty managers and lifeguards are always available for assistance if needed.
Watch Around Water policy
Fremantle Leisure Centre endorses Watch Around Water policies to ensure the safety of young children in and around water.
Conditions of entry for children under the age of 5 years:
- children under the age of 5 years are not admitted into the centre without an appropriate full-fee paying adult who is prepared to swim
- parents/guardians of children under the age of 5 years are required to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times for groups using the facilities, a ratio of 1 adult to 4 under age 5 children is required for safe supervision
- children under 5 must wear a Watch Around Water wristband available from reception.
Conditions of entry for school age children (between 5 and 10 years old):
- children under the age of 10 years are not permitted into the centre without the supervision of an adult
- adults responsible for children under 10 years must have a clear view of the child at all times with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child while in the aquatics area
- for groups using the facilities, a ratio of 1 adult to 10 under age 10 children is required for safe supervision
- unsupervised children will be removed from the water and placed in a safe area until collected by the parent/guardian
- a parent/guardian is regarded as a responsible individual who is over the age of 17.
If you have lost an item at the Fremantle Leisure Centre, please see reception and give a brief description of the item and when it was lost.
Lost property items become the property of the City of Fremantle until they are either claimed by the rightful owner, donated to charity, forwarded to the Fremantle police or disposed of due to health issues. Due to limited amount of space and the large amount of lost property we collect, general items are kept on the premises for two (2) weeks until donated to charity.
Valuable lost property - estimated value not exceeding $300.00 will remain at the leisure centre for four (4) weeks. After the fourth (4) week, the item will be donated to a charitable organisation.
Valuable lost property - estimated value exceeding $300.00 will remain at the leisure centre for one (1) week. Then the item will be handed to the Western Australian Police (Fremantle police station) for future holding.
If you would like to provide us with any feedback please fill in our feedback form here.