OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTH AND SAFETY - NOTICE OF CLOSURE
The City of Fremantle is taking measures to support the safety and well-being of our community through the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective Friday 20 March 2020, the Fremantle Leisure Centre will be CLOSED until such time that the centre can be re-opened.
- membership contracts and payments will be suspended from 20 March until further notice
- visit pass expiry dates will be extended
Your understanding is appreciated during this time unprecedented time. Should you require any further assistance please contact the Leisure Centre via email@example.com
Yours in health
FLC MANAGEMENT TEAM
Our commitment to safety and wellbeing
The safety, health, and wellbeing of our patrons and staff is our primary priority.
The spread of COVID-19 across communities will naturally have an impact on everyone. For the time being, the leisure centre will continue to operate as usual. However, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and be prepared to take prompt action should it be required.
What are we are doing about the Coronavirus situation?
The leisure centre has implemented the following precautions in an attempt to reduce the spread of the Covid19 virus:
- Patrons - If you have recently returned from overseas we ask that you do not visit the facility and self-isolate for 14 days as per government guidelines. Please contact us in this situation so that we can suspend your membership contract or visit pass accordingly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Department of Health recommends the most effective way to mitigate the risk of contracting Coronavirus is to practice good personal hygiene.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Always bring a towel to your gym workouts.
- Wipe down gym equipment before and after use.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- If you are unwell, avoid contact with others and seek medical advice.
We have increased our cleaning schedules throughout the leisure centre:
We have increased the cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces that may be touched by staff and clients with cleaning agents the Department of Health recommends are effective for COVID-19 (and other diseases)
- high traffic surface cleaning such as desk tops, doors and door handles/push bars, gym equipment, tap handles, access rails and seating benches / stands will be regularly disinfected throughout the day
- FLC staff have stepped up on-going cleaning at regular intervals throughout the day
- After hours clean performed by contract cleaners
Can enrolled students swim for free at the pools?
Children currently enrolled in the Learn to Swim direct debit program can swim for free all year around upon presentation of their valid swim school card (exclusions apply for Squad swimmers and Department of Education programs - Vacswim and Interm lessons). The parent or responsible adult attending with the child on the day of the lesson receives free entry into the centre and may accompany the child in the pool before or after the lesson at no additional charge. Immediate family members can enter the centre as spectators free of charge on the actual day of the lesson.
At all other times, parents/responsible adults are required to pay the relevant entry fee. Children under the age of 5 years must wear a Watch Around Water wrist band.
Swim Programs Term 1 enrolments
Re-enrolments and new enrolments are now open
Learn to swim over 5's and under 5's are ongoing
For more information, visit our swim program page.