- Do you have a timetable available?
- What are your class sizes?
- Do you do make-up lessons?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Can I pay cash for lessons or pay term by term?
- How will I know when my child is ready to move up?
- Can I swap classes at any time?
- What do I do if I can’t find a suitable class?
- Do you run by the school terms?
- Will swim school run on public holidays?
- Are you running a January holiday program?
- Can enrolled students swim for free at the pools?
- Can parents/guardians swim or attend the gym during the child's lesson?
To view current vacancies for the program you are interested in, register online and choose your preferred days. It will show what is available in real time.
Our class sizes range from a maximum of 4 students for beginner levels through to 10 students in our highest level.
Make-up lessons can be disruptive to the classes and due to the size of our swim school it would mean that classes would constantly have changes. Even though we do not offer make up lessons we do offer any enrolled Learn to Swim student free entry to the centre all year round.
Can I cancel at any time?
Direct debit customers can cancel at any time. You are required to complete a cancellation form at least three days prior to the next scheduled direct debit payment. Depending on when you cancel you may have up to two more lessons before ending your time with us.
Cancellation forms are available here or at the centre. A credit or refund may be requested if a medical certificate is supplied.
Yes, you can pay cash for an up front term program at the centre. The Learn to Swim program is an ongoing, fortnightly direct debit system only with the ability to cancel any time of the year.
When a student is ready to move to a higher level, the On Deck Officer on duty will inform the parent/guardian and a change of class form will be issued. You are required to take this to reception to find a suitable class. A report will be sent to your email address outlining the skills achieved. You are unable to move/change classes online. If you enrol in error you will be charged for this extra booking.
Yes, you can change classes at any time at reception or over the phone.
You have two options:
1. Your child will be extended in their current class until a suitable vacancy is found.
2. Withdraw from the program until the class you require is available. You may then re-enrol into this class online or at the centre.
Yes, we provide lessons during school terms and break for the holidays. As the Learn to Swim program is ongoing, your child will stay in the same class when they return from holidays. Your child will be assessed on a continual basis by their instructor and an On Deck Officer.
No, swim school will be closed on public holidays. Public holidays will be excluded from the fortnightly payment system and payments will be adjusted accordingly. Please note that the Easter weekend Saturday and Sunday will also be excluded.
A January holiday program is conducted during the Christmas school holidays. These classes are not included in the Learn to Swim Perpetual program. Information regarding enrolment for the January holiday program will be posted in November each year. Click the following link for more information on the January Holiday progam.
Only children who are enrolled in the Learn to Swim direct debit program can swim for free all year around (excluding entry for Department of Education classes). They must scan their swim school card at reception to gain free entry. Parents or family members swimming with enrolled students must pay the relevant entry fee.
A parent or guardian must be in attendance for the duration of their child's lesson. In the event of an injury, emergency or if a child needs to go to the toilet, a parent or guardian must be present.