Fremantle Library is open seven days a week, except for public holidays.
Visit our Facebook for events, Buster locations, and book trivia.
We are located at Fremantle Oval, inside the City of Fremantle Administration and Library building.
The entrance is to the left of the Reception sign.
Closest carparks are the Cappuccino Strip carpark (155 bays) and Fremantle Oval (10 and 15 bays).
Buy the first hour, and get the second hour free at the Cappuccino Strip carpark (7 days 8am-4pm with a ticket displayed)
4 thirty minute free parking bays are available at the Cappuccino Strip carpark, plus 2 ACROD bays.
See Where to Park for more information on parking throughout Fremantle.
Where to return and pickup
You can return items at the following locations:
Pickup your reservations at the following locations:
Fremantle Library welcomes donations of resources that will enhance the Library’s existing collection.
Donated material will be evaluated against the below criteria before being included into the collection as library stock. Any items that do not meet these criteria may not be accepted.
All items must be in excellent physical condition.
- current bestsellers less than 1 year old
- classic fiction or nonfiction
- non-fiction less than two years old
- large print books less than two years old
- popular DVDs and music CDs.
The library is unable to accept the following:
- non-fiction books over two years old
- non book material in outdated forms (cassettes, VHS tapes)
- almanacs or encyclopedias
- abridged or condensed items
Any historical donations must relate specifically to Fremantle and will be referred to the History Librarian to be assessed.