Would you like to become part of our programme?
The City of Fremantle is a vibrant community offering diverse learning opportunities with a variety of ways you can join in and support your community. If you’re keen to become part of this thriving community we can help you turn your idea for a group, workshop or class into a reality.
If you would like to discuss your idea please email email@example.com to make an appointment and learn more about how to become involved.
Here are some examples of the ways you could support your community…
If you have a topic of general interest that you would like to share with the community please get in touch with us. Please take note of our programme timelines below and prepare your idea with plenty of time ahead.
If you are keen to connect to others who share your hobby or idea (for example sewing, cooking, reading) then you may be interested in starting a social group. You would facilitate the group as a volunteer or we can work with you to arrange a volunteer facilitator. Groups meet on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. Participants commit to join for one quarter of the year and can re-commit for more, if they like. Check our fees to join a social group.
Paid workshops, talks or ongoing classes
- Anyone is welcome to hire The Meeting Place and share their area of expertise.
Learn more about room hire.
- Are you a social enterprise? If your business idea is fostering cultural, creative and/or health and wellbeing outcomes you can take advantage of the community room hire rate.
- Would you like to be part of the printed, quarterly programme? Please familiarise yourself with our timelines and closing dates below.
Timelines and closing dates
- Room hirers can book the venue at any available time for as many times within the financial year as you like, pending availability.
- Ongoing social groups need to book/re-book every quarter.
- The closing dates for inclusion in the printed programmes are:
o First quarter: 15 November for activities in January, February, March
o Second quarter: 15 February for activities in April, May, June
o Third quarter: 15 May for activities in July, August, September
o Fourth quarter: 15 August for activities in October, November, December