Would you like to become part of our programme?
The City of Fremantle is a vibrant community offering diverse learning opportunities with a variety of ways you can join in and support your community. If you’re keen to become part of this thriving community we can help you turn your idea for a group, workshop or class into a reality.
If you would like to discuss your idea please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment and learn more about how to become involved.
Here are some examples of the ways you could support your community…
If you have a topic of general interest that you would like to share with the community please get in touch with us.
If you are keen to connect to others who share your hobby or idea (for example sewing, cooking, reading) then you may be interested in starting a social group. You would facilitate the group as a volunteer or we can work with you to arrange a volunteer facilitator. Groups meet on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. Participants commit to join for one quarter of the year and can re-commit for more, if they like. Please email us with your idea, we'd love to hear them and hopefully work with you!
Paid workshops, talks or ongoing classes - room hire
- Anyone is welcome to hire The Meeting Place and share their area of expertise.
Learn more about room hire.
- Are you a social enterprise? If your business idea is fostering cultural, creative and/or health and wellbeing outcomes you can take advantage of the community room hire rate.
- We are currently unable to include room hirers as part of the new What's On program.
Paid workshops, talks or ongoing classes - What's On
- If you would you like to be part of the printed, quarterly programme please email The Meeting Place with your program idea and we will be in touch.
- Tutors employed by the Meeting Place are paid by the City of Fremantle a set rate per workshop.
- The Meeting Place and What's On program handle all bookings and sets the amount paid by participants.
- Please check with The Meeting Place for our timelines and closing dates.