- KidSport - makes it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. KidSport allows eligible youth aged 5 to 18 years to apply for financial assistance towards club fees. Applications must be completed online You can apply online through the Department of Sport and Recreation's website.
- Sport Access Assistance - provides financial assistance for young people to participate in community sport and physical recreation programs. The Sport Access Fund is only available to young people who do not meet KidSport eligibility guidelines.
- Sport Travel Assistance - provides financial assistance for young people who have been selected to compete in their chosen sport at state, national or international level.
- Local Sporting Champions - The Local Sporting Champions program provides financial assistance for coaches, officials and competitors aged 12-18 participating in state, national or international championships.
Is my club eligible?
- Not-for-profit sport or recreation club, and if applicable, affiliated with a recognised State Sporting Association or have affiliation through a State organisation.
- Business/privately owned but individual members must be affiliated with a recognised State Sporting Association or have affiliation through a State organisation.
- To register please go to the DSR website.
Target Participation Program Funding Scheme - The Targeted Participation Program (TPP) Funding Scheme provides funding for organisations to promote participation and active engagement of Western Australian communities in sport and active recreation. The focus is on evidenced based low participation groups. Each year the target populations and priority locations may change, based on current data and assessment of need.
Community Sport and Recreation Facility Fund (CSRFF) - The purpose of the CSRFF program is to provide Western Australian Government financial assistance to community groups and local government authorities to develop basic infrastructure for sport and recreation. The program aims to increase participation in sport and recreation, with an emphasis on physical activity, through rational development of sustainable, good quality, well-designed and well-utilised facilities.
Community Sport Infrastructure Fund - Supporting small to medium scale projects up to $500,000 to improve local community sport infrastructure which will support greater community participation in sport and physical activity and/or offer safer and more inclusive community sporting hubs.
City of Fremantle
70 Parry Street
T 08 9432 9999
F 08 9430 4634
TTY 08 9432 9777