- KidSport - makes it possible for Western Australian children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances. KidSport allows eligible youth aged 5–18 years to apply for financial assistance towards club fees. You can apply online through the Department of Sport and Recreation's website.
- Youth Access Grant The Youth Access Grant assists young people who do not meet KidSport eligibility guidelines to participate in community sport and reaction programs
- Youth Travel Grant City of Fremantle residents selected to participate in a state, national or international competition for their chosen sport are encouraged to apply for the Sport Travel Grant. The grant is available to assist athletes with the costs associated with travel and accommodation for the duration of the competition.
- Athlete Travel Subsidy Scheme - is administered by the Department of Sport and Recreation provides a funding subsidy to assist talented Western Australian athletes with out of pocket travel and accommodation costs to compete at regional, state, national and international championships or events.
Is my club eligible?
- Not-for-profit sport or recreation club, and if applicable, affiliated with a recognised State Sporting Association or have affiliation through a State organisation.
- Business/privately owned but individual members must be affiliated with a recognised State Sporting Association or have affiliation through a State organisation.
- To register please go to the DSR website.
Community Participation Fund - The Department of Sport and Recreation is able to provide funding for initiatives that target low participation groups, particularly Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) and Aboriginal communities.
Club Equipment Subsidy Fund - Eligible sporting clubs have the opportunity to apply for a one-off $500 subsidy towards shared sporting equipment accessible to all members.
Community Sport and Recreation Facility Fund (CSRFF) - The purpose of the CSRFF program is to provide Western Australian Government financial assistance to community groups and local government authorities to develop basic infrastructure for sport and recreation. The program aims to increase participation in sport and recreation, with an emphasis on physical activity, through rational development of sustainable, good quality, well-designed and well-utilised facilities.
City of Fremantle
Town Hall Centre
8 William Street
T 08 9432 9999
F 08 9430 4634
TTY 08 9432 9777