City of Fremantle residents selected to participate in a state, national or international competition for their chosen sport are encouraged to apply for the Sport Travel Grant. The grant is to assist athletes with the costs associated with travel and accommodation for the duration of the competition.
Am I eligible?
- Applicant must be aged 21 years and under.
- Applicant must live within the City of Fremantle.
- Applications must be received 1 month prior to the travel date.
How it works
Complete the Youth Travel Grant Application and return the completed application to City for approval with the following supporting documentation:
- Budget outlining all travel and accommodation costs.
- If representing state or country a letter of selection from the State or National sporting body.
- If representing school/club a letter of selection from the club president or school teacher.
- Outline of sporting achievements to date and how this grant will assist them to achieve higher sporting performance.
- Applicant can only receive funding once per calendar year
- No retrospective travel costs can be claimed
- Maximum grant of up to $300 per application
- If competition occurs within the metropolitan WA and team accommodation is required a letter from the team coach/manager stating that the applicant must stay at team accommodation must be supplied with the application.