Vacancy: Manager Arts and Culture
The City of Fremantle has an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced manager to lead, promote and manage programs for the development and support of the arts sector within the community. We are seeking an exceptional strategic thinker and collaborative leader for their Arts and Culture team.
Reporting to the CEO, this dynamic manager will bring innovation, contemporary arts thinking and thorough business practices to leading a large council team while servicing the arts and culture community.
With strong leadership and people skills, you will be able to work collaboratively, building positive and proactive networks across a range of stakeholders. You must have experience in managing teams and a proven ability to manage in a local government setting.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead, develop and deliver the arts and culture plan.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality programming of the City's arts and culture events, projects and festivals.
- Manage and oversee the arts grant funding program and approves funding budgets.
- Manage the effective marketing and promotion of arts and culture as a key economic driver of the City.
- Create and manage arts budgets and strategies to partner arts organisations, private sector and government instrumentalities to create new resources for the arts.
- Manage resources (human, financial and physical assets) are forecast, arranged and effectively organised to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Proactively work with and lead other areas within the City and be the go-to person in the City on all things pertaining to arts and culture.
- Oversee the development and design of all marketing and communication plans for City art and culture projects.
What you’ll need
- Current knowledge and experience in professional arts practice and management across various art forms, in an urban or community environment.
- Experience in the formation, development and delivery of projects in an arts context.
- Proven research and analytical skills with an ability to provide strong strategic planning, policy development and implementation in an ongoing business improvement context.
- Experience in delivering large scale, commercial and community events.
- Advanced interactive and liaison skills with the ability to work as a team member, focused on customer- and community-satisfaction.
- Experience in managing resources (human, financial, physical) to deliver customer focused outcomes in service delivery.
- Local government management experience.
- Previous experience in driving continuous improvement.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Current Police clearance.
- WA ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
What’s in it for you
- Work with an organisation that is dedicated to retaining their employees by supporting innovation and providing scope to move forward in your career goals.
- Join a team of like-minded professional, experienced and flexible individuals who are enthusiastic about making a real contribution in the work that they do.
- Participation in health and well-being programs.
- Flexible working arrangements by mutual agreement.
- 4 Years, full-time, fixed term contract.
The City of Fremantle promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. The City encourages people of all ages and abilities, Aboriginal Australians and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
How you apply
To complete your application for this position please email email@example.com to submit your resume together with a covering letter. Online applications are preferred however for a confidential enquiry please call 08 9221 8122.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 10 May 2019