Feedback, complaints and suggestions | City of Fremantle

Feedback, complaints and suggestions

Your feedback is important to us.

We value your feedback about our operations and services. Whether you have a request for action, a compliment or a complaint, we would like to hear from you. To let us know how we can better service your needs, you can contact us by:

  • Email the City
  • Telephone: 08 9432 9999 or TTY 08 9432 9777
  • Post mail to: Investigation Officer, City of Fremantle, PO Box 807, Fremantle WA 6959
  • Visit us at: Fremantle Oval, 70 Parry Street, Fremantle
  • Complete the customer feedback form online or you may prefer to pick up a feedback form from the Fremantle Oval office, Fremantle Library, The Meeting Place, or Fremantle Arts Centre

Customer satisfaction counts

The City will ensure your requests, comments or complaints are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with the customer service charter.

Making a complaint

We realise that sometimes, despite our best efforts, you may not be happy with the way we have performed a service.  We encourage you to bring your concern to us directly so the matter can be resolved promptly.  A complaint may be received in person, over the phone or in writing including electronic communication.

A complaint is not to be confused with a suggestion, a request for service or a request for information.  For convenience, the following definitions are provided:

  • Complaint - a statement of dissatisfaction by a customer regarding the unsatisfactory delivery of a product or service offered by council or the unsatisfactory conduct of council officers.
  • Compliment - positive feedback about a product or service.
  • Suggestion - suggested service or product improvement.
  • Request for information - an enquiry or request for information about council services, facilities, policies or procedures.
  • Request for service - request for action to be taken in relation to a service or product.

The following will not be classified as a complaint:

  • Requests for service.
  • Requests for information or explanations of policies or procedures.
  • Allegations of unlawful activity or nuisance occurring on private land.
  • Appeal or objection in accordance with standard procedure or policy (i.e. Local Government Act 1995 S9.1 - Decisions).

The City manages all complaints in line with established policies and procedures. Should a complaint be received at the City, the following action will be taken:

  • All complainants will be treated with respect, courtesy and professionalism.
  • If the complaint is received by phone or over the counter the officer concerned will take all the details from you at that time. If the matter cannot be resolved at that time, an investigation will be commenced within 5 working days. A written response informing you of the progress will be provided to you within 10 days working days.
  • If the complaint is received in writing we will acknowledge your correspondence within 5 working days and provide a written reply informing you of our progress within 10 working days.
  • If you are not satisfied with the City’s decision, you may wish to contact the Ombudsman Western Australia. Various publications on how to make a complaint are available on the Ombudsman website.

Vertical Tabs