- Strategic Community Plan
- Strategic Planning Framework
- Key Strategies and Plans
- Corporate Business Plan
- Annual Budget
- Annual Report & Progress Reports
- Council Policies
- Local Laws
- Community Perceptions Surveys
- Register of delegated authority
Strategic Community Plan
The City’s Vision, long term goals and objectives are outlined in the Strategic Community Plan. The Strategic Community Plan is an ambitious, aspirational plan for the future of Freo over the next 10+ years. It was developed following an extensive community visioning exercise conducted in 2013/14, and adopted by the City of Fremantle Council in 2016.
The plan envisages Fremantle as “ a destination city:
A city that is clever and creative, inspiring and inclusive.
A city that welcomes and celebrates all people and cultures.
A city that encourages innovation, prosperity and achievement.
A compassionate city that cares for the wellbeing of our people and the environment we share.
A city that thrives on diversity, that dares to be different.”
Strategic focus areas
Out of the key themes identified by the community came specific goals and objectives. The goals and objectives in the Strategic Community Plan are outlined under the following strategic focus areas:
- Economic Development
- Environmental Responsibility
- Transport and Connectivity
- Character, Culture and Heritage
- Places for People
- Health and Happiness
The plan is subject to periodic review (2 – 4 yearly) to ensure that it stays current, and was last reviewed in 2019. It is complemented by the City’s One Planet Strategy.
Strategic Planning Framework
Delivery of the Strategic Community Plan is achieved through a range of subsidiary strategies, plans, policies and activities. Key strategies and plans are outlined below, and include a lot of great ideas. However, they can’t all be funded at once.
Prioritisation, funding and delivery of projects and activities are determined through the Corporate Business Plan and Annual Budget. The Corporate Business Plan outlines the City’s four year priorities and planned activities, matched to resources available. These documents are underpinned by the Long Term Financial Plan. All of these ‘delivery’ documents are subject to annual review.
The Strategic Community Plan and Corporate Business Plan collectively comprise the Plan for the Future required under Section 5.56 of the Local Government Act 1995.
Progress on the strategic planning framework is monitored through the Annual Report, and reporting on specific strategies, action plans and the budget.
Key Strategies and Plans
- One Planet Strategy
- Economic Development Strategy
- Integrated Transport Strategy
- Greening Fremantle Strategy
- One Planet Annual Reports
- Economic Development Implementation Plan
- Place Marketing
- Climate Change Adaption Plan
- Corporate Energy Plan
- Water Conservation Strategy
- Urban Forest Plan
- Coastal Hazard Risk Management and Adaption Plans
- Bike Plan
- Age Friendly City Plan
- Walyalup Reconciliation Action Plan
- Community Facilities Plan
- Access and Inclusion Plan
- Community Safety and Crime Prevention Plan
- Freo 2029: Transformational Moves
- Kings Square
- Esplanade Reserve Masterplan
- Princess May Reserve Masterplan