Under the Local Government Act 1995 , the City of Fremantle Council is able to make local laws considered necessary for the good government of the district. A local law is invalid to the extent that it is inconsistent with any state or federal legislation.
Local laws that are being advertised for public comment can be viewed at My Say Freo.
- Activities in Thoroughfares and Public Places and Trading 2005
- Alfresco dining (no 2) 2014
- Local Law Relating to Dogs
- Health 1997
- Library Advisory Committee 2001
- Parking 2006
- Prevention and Abatement of Sand Drift 2002 (amended 2005)
- Local Government Property 2002
- Short Stay Accommodation 2008
- Signs, Hoardings and Bill Posting (No 13) 1998
Gazetted local laws
The following local laws have recently been gazetted and will come into operation on the date listed:
Date of operation
Determinations and dog exercise and prohibited areas
Click here to view the register of determinations made under City of Fremantle Local Laws, and declared dog exercise and dogs prohibited areas.