The Destination Marketing Working Group is a group of tourism, retail, hospitality and business experts with extensive knowledge of Fremantle. The group was engaged to develop a destination marketing strategic plan that supports all consumer facing industries in Fremantle including retail, hospitality, tourism and professional services.
The working group comprises:
- Chair: Linda Wayman - Former general manager of Southern Cross Media
- Karl Bullers - Chair Freo Now (previously Fremantle BID)
- Danicia Quinlan - CEO Fremantle Chamber of Commerce
- Abby McDowell - Group Marketing Manager Facilimate (Quality Suites)
- Paula Nelson - Director Fremantle Prison
- Kate Hulett - local business owner and MANY projects manager
- Andrew Lane – General Manager, SeaLink Travel Group
Destination Marketing Strategic Plan
The City of Fremantle plays a key role in promoting Fremantle as a tourism destination and has been delivering marketing activities in line Destination Marketing Strategic Plan 2018-2022 which was developed in line with extensive consultation with the Destination Marketing Working Group.
The current strategic marketing plan was developed in response to the declining performance of population driven industries in Fremantle as well as macro-economic factors beyond the immediate control of stakeholders.
Fremantle was also subject to increasing competition from major shopping centres in neighbouring municipalities which underwent significant expansions and upgrades at the time and ultimately captured a growing percentage of consumer expenditure which would normally had been reserved for Fremantle.