- WAConnect free-call Emergency Relief and Food Access Service is here to support you in identifying and applying for emergency relief. 1800 979 777 from 9am–5pm (Monday to Friday). Online support WAConnect - Emergency Services Directory.
- Lifeline 13 11 14.
- Entry Point 1800 124 684.
- Crisis Care Helpline 1800 199 008.
St Patrick’s Community Support Centre
12 Queen Victoria Street Fremantle
7.30am–2pm, Monday to Friday
A range of support available to people experiencing homelessness, or risk of homelessness, or needing assistance. Available to all people and genders:
- meals, showers, amenities and clean clothes
- free fruit, vegetables and bread daily
- registered nurse, street doctor, dentist, chiropractor, physiotherapist, podiatrist, optometrist, counselling, hairdresser
- social activities, emergency relief, financial counselling, street law service.
Community safety team
The Community Safety Team strive to be the first responders to anti-social or nuisance behaviour and low level criminal activity such as street drinking and shop lifting. If you require assistance, the City's Community Safety Officers can be contacted on 1300 360 666.
The Fremantle Community Legal Centre
The Fremantle Community Legal Centre is a non-profit organisation which provides legal services to low income members of the community. Services include, tenancy advocacy and legal and non-legal support to assist women and children experiencing family domestic violence.
Volunteering, and other pathways to help, contact peak bodies Volunteering WA, WACOSS, Shelter WA or a local not-for-profit organisation.
A St Pat’s community support worker is based at the Fremantle Library to provide advice, referrals and support on the ground where it is needed.
St Pat’s community support worker is based at the Fremantle Library between 1–6pm Tuesday, 8.30am-5pm Wednesdays, 1–6pm Thursdays and 9am–1pm Saturdays.
Visit the Library Connect page.
Fremantle Community Directory
It can be hard to find viable information on social, health and welfare challenges. Fremantle Community Directory provides you with online health and community information to meet these challenges.
Youth Online Phone Counselling
Feeling disconnected, stressed or anxious? Back to school season and COVID-19 coverage can cause a whirlwind of emotions. Find below of the Youth centric services that are offering online or phone counselling at this time:
- HelpingMinds 1800 811 747. Free mental health support services. Make an appointment between 9.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday. Video or phone chat is available 7.00am - 7.00pm.
- Headspace 1800 650 890 or chat online at headspace.
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636 or online chat.
- Butterfly Foundation 1800 334 673, chat online or email. Open 8.00am - midnight, seven days a week for anyone in Australia affected by an eating disorder or body image issue.
- YouthFocus 6266 4333. For tips on staying mentally well please visit their website.
- ReachOut. Visit the ReachOut forums to browse an anonymous, supportive safe space and connect with like-minded liked-experienced people.
- CAMHS Crisis Connect 1800 048 636. A specialist telehealth service for urgent mental health advice 17 years and under. Face-to-Face mental health and risk assessment at PCH Emergency Department or via telehealth.