The Fremantle Leisure Centre is centrally located near the Fremantle Train Station with bus stops within 100 metres of our doorstep.
The Fremantle Leisure Centre provides ACROD, bus and general parking to the public. Off-street car park 14 is allocated specifically for leisure centre patrons and offers the following options:
- Pay parking–buy a ticket as normal and then bring in the tear away copy to reception and we will refund this amount off your entry fee. Refunds cannot exceed the cost of admission.
- Parking permits–these are available for centre members, swim school patrons and multi-visit pass holders only and can be obtained at our reception. Parking permits are only valid for our off–street car park (ie. not valid on Shuffrey Street).
- Parking on Shuffrey Street–parking must be paid for between 8am and 6pm seven days a week and is free at all other times.
If car park 14 is full there is free parking available on Quarry Street, Finnerty Street, Ord Street and Beach Street car park 12B (ask at reception for directions).
Pool and change room accessibility
The 25m, 50m and leisure pools are equipped with wheelchair access ramps and pool ladders. We also have junior and senior aquatic (waterproof) wheelchairs that may be used at any time.
All pools can also be accessed with a chairlift hoist if required (please advise in advance or allow time for set up if you require this service).
The centre has three disability change rooms, one of which is equipped with a battery operated hoist/sling to assist in showering and changing. Duty managers and lifeguards are always available for assistance if needed.
Working at the Fremantle Leisure Centre is a rewarding and challenging experience. Our dedicated team of professionals strive to maintain the highest service and standards. Positions at the Fremantle Leisure Centre can include:
- gym instructor
- group fitness instructor
- pool lifeguard
- duty manager
- swim instructor
- squad coach
- customer service officer
- crèche attendant
See below for current job vacancies:
|Customer service officer||casual|
|Health and Fitness||Aqua group fitness instructor|
The leisure centre is currently recruiting for customer service officers for our casual pool. Please follow the link for more information
Health and fitness
The health and fitness area employs gym instructors and group fitness instructors (freestyle and aqua). Applicants are required to have current qualifications including:
- Health and fitness qualifications (minimum Certificate III, Certificate IV required for personal trainers).
- Standard First Aid certificate.
The aquatic area employs aquatic managers and lifeguards. Lifeguard applicants are required to have current qualifications including:
- Senior First Aid certificate.
- Pool lifeguard certificate.
- Working with Children check.
Duty manager applicants are required to have current qualifications including:
- Senior First Aid certificate.
- Pool Lifeguard certificate.
- Pool Operators certificate.
- LIWA accreditation.
- Working with Children check
Swim program applicants are required to have current qualifications including:
- Austswim or Swim Australia swim instructor qualifications.
- CPR Certificate.
- Working with Children Check.
Crèche attendants require a genuine interest and work experience with children. Applicants are also required to have:
- A current Working with Children Check.
- A current resuscitation certificate.
Located at the main entrance of the centre our swim shop has a great range of swimwear and accessories. Our range caters for sizes 0–26, includes brands such as Speedo, Zoggs, Mirage, Funkita and more.
Any student enrolled in our swim programs are entitled to 20% off all full priced items in the shop upon presentation of their valid swim program entry card. Come in and check our range today. Change rooms are also available.
Provide feedback on your experiences at Fremantle Leisure Centre. Your feedback is always welcome.