(10/1/2018) Get involved in unearthing Freo’s first church
An archaeological dig will take place in Kings Square from Monday 15 to Sunday 21 January and you can be a part of this amazing opportunity!
The dig aims to shed new light into what life was like in Freo during the late 1800s and will look for evidence of the 1840s built predecessor to the current St John’s Church along with other historical artefacts.
The plan is to showcase the findings as part of the Kings Square Renewal project by providing visitors to the square a glimpse into the past.
Tours and workshops
- Free talk and tour: Daily throughout the dig.
- Repurposing artefacts to mobiles (8-16 year olds): Monday 15, Thursday 18 and Saturday 20 January.
- Mini excavation workshops (8-16 year olds): Every day throughout the dig except Saturday 20 January.
- Learn to dig it before you can spell it! (under 8...): Tuesday 16, Wednesday 17 and Friday 19 January.
- Repurposing artefacts to jewellery (Adults - 16+): Tuesday 16, Saturday 20 January and Sunday 21 January.
- Finds processing (Adults - 16+): Wednesday 17, Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 January.