(16/10/17) Freo gas and water pipe update
If you’ve been in Fremantle in recent months you’ve probably noticed the gas and water pipe replacement works happening in and around Kings Square – it’s been hard to miss!
The works are being undertaken by Watercorp and Atco Gas to replace old pipes (some more than 100 years old) and are part of a broader pipe replacement program across the metropolitan area. These works are not associated with the upcoming redevelopment of Kings Square.
With the Kings Square (and immediate surrounds) works now nearing completion, contractors working on behalf of Watercorp and Atco Gas have recently provided the City with an update on current and future works around Fremantle.
- Harvest Road, Herbert Street, Queen Victoria Street, Jackson Street, Jewell Parade, Pearse Street and Tydeman Roads
- High Street between East Street and Coode Street.
- High Street from Parry Street to East Street
- Beach Street, Queen Victoria, Parry Street and Quarry Street
- East Street between Canning Highway to High Street
Subject to any unforeseen issues being found, all works are scheduled for completion by late December.