This checklist applies to all events produced by the City, or contractors employed by the City to produce an event.
The requirements adheres to the provisions outlined in the City of Fremantle Sustainable Events Policy.
- Have you excluded the distribution or sale of single-use plastics, including:
- cups, including coffee cups
- bottles (including single use water and soft drink bottles)*
- cling wrap.
Alternatives include reusable cutlery and plates, or products made from 100% plant material that are certified as compostable according to Australian standards.
- Have you excluded the distribution or sale of:
- balloons** and confetti
- polystyrene and Styrofoam for distribution of food or drinks.
- Have you provided paired and clearly labelled waste and recycling bins?
- Can patrons BYO drink bottle and are free water stations readily available?
- Are promotional materials and decorations reusable, recyclable or certified carbon offset, or do they contain a recycled content?
- Have you minimised the use of printed promotional material?
- Have you promoted walking, riding and public transport options? Inclusion of a map or details of available bus and train services can assist.
- Has bike parking been provided for large events (over 5000 attendees)? Transportable bike racks are available for pickup from the depot for City events.
Variations may be sought for health and safety reasons or where there is no other practical alternative available e.g. disposable gloves are mandated as a condition on a food permit. Variations are to be approved by the CEO.