Bond with baby while developing their confidence and water-safety skills in a family-friendly environment. Parent and Baby classes cater for ages 4 months to 3 years.
Our program is divided into six levels by age, and lessons are comfortable with no more than six students per class to one instructor, except for our advanced Frogs classes which have a maximum of 3 students and parents transition out of the water.
All classes are located in our 32-34 degree program pool and incorporate games, songs and toys into the swimming and water-safety activities. Here is everything you need to know about our Parent and Baby program:
- 4 - 6 month infants - FREE
- 6 month to years - $16.50 per lesson
Fortnightly direct-debit to your nominated bank account or credit card
Classes run every morning, Monday-Sunday in the warm program pool during WA school terms. All classes are 30 minutes in duration, with a maximum of 6 parents and swimmers to 1 instructor.
|AB1 - FREE LESSONS
|AB Frogs (Advanced Tadpoles)*
* AB Frog’s is a transitional level for strong AB Tadpoles in the 2.5 - 3 year age range. The aim of this level is to transition advanced 2.5 - 3 year old swimmer's out of the Aquababy lessons with a parent/caregiver and into independent lessons with only the instructor and other students. When swimmers in AB Frogs level turn 3 years old, the aim is for these students to skip our first Learn to Swim Under 5's level (Jellyfish) and go straight into Seahorse level. To get into an AB Frogs class, Tadpole students 2.5 years or older must demonstrate the following swimming and water safety skills:
- I can stand on the ledge and hold on
- I can follow instructions
- I am comfortable swimming with the instructor
- I have breath control/can blow bubbles
- I can independently swim with an aid
- I can do a short independent swim with my face in the water, 1 metre – kick and pull
- I can independently jump from the wall
- I am relaxed in an assisted back float
AB Frog level is assigned via assessment only. Please speak to our team if you feel your child is ready for this class.
Click here to view:
- Swimming lesson terms and breaks
- Direct debit dates
- Public holiday closures
Staff will be in touch when your swimmer is ready for the next level. From there, we will assign your swimmer their new level and you can transfer into you new class online via the swim school portal.
Visit the Swim School Portal page and follow the prompts to create your account and book your swimmer into lessons online.
If you have any questions, please complete our enquiry form here.