Parking infringements | City of Fremantle

Parking infringements

Appealing your infringement

Drivers found in breach of the Parking Local Law and related laws will receive an infringement notice(s). However, the City acknowledges that at times, there may be mitigating circumstances which are not apparent to our officers.

Before you lodge your appeal, remember these are not valid appeals and your infringement will not be withdrawn:

  • Appointments / meetings ran over
  • Transport services were late
  • Important phone call
  • Had to get change/arrange payment
  • Signs were confusing
  • Did not see the signs
  • There was nowhere else to park
  • Other people occupied my usual bay.

Lodge your appeal

Parking reviews are generally resolved within 12 business days, however if you do not receive a response within this time, please contact customer service on 1300 MYFREO (1300 693 736).

Problems paying for infringements online

Contact our customer service centre on 1300 MYFREO (1300 693 736) as it may be a technical problem. Remember to ensure that your payment is not overdue and it has been three working days from the date of issue.

Non-payment of infringement

All infringements must be paid within twenty-eight (28) days of the date of issuance of the infringement notice.

If the City has not received payment within 28 days of issuance, a reminder notice will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle and a further 28 days granted to make payment or nominate a driver.

If a payment is not made or a driver is not nominated, a final demand will be issued with additional penalties. A driver nomination is not applicable during final demand stage.

As a result of non-payment, the matter will be sent to Fines and Enforcement Registry for further action such as suspension of driver's license. 

Reporting illegal parking

These are the most common complaints received from residents with brief explanation as to how we can assist you:

  • There is an abandoned vehicle in my street - Please keep in mind that Fremantle has a large number of travellers, students and share houses. This may mean that on occasion, vehicles may be left on the road reserve for longer than usual. If you suspect that a vehicle is abandoned, stolen or unlicensed, contact our customer service team on 1300 MYFREO (1300 693 736) and the Integrated Patrols Officers will attend and investigate as soon as possible.
  • Someone is parked on my verge – the City's policy is that where unrestricted, road and verge use is free for all public to use. This may mean that the verge adjacent to your property may be used by a vehicle. Unless there is a restriction in place, and/or the vehicle is parked contrary to the Parking Local Law 2006 or Road and Traffic Act 1974, the vehicle may not be in breach.
  • Someone is obstructing my driveway - contact the customer service centre on 1300 MYFREO (1300 693 736) to report such parking for a timely attendance.
  • A vehicle is parked on my property, can it be towed? – the City can only enforce its by-laws on council owned land. If you wish the City to deal with any illegal parking on private owned land, you are required to obtain a private parking agreement first. 

If you witness any illegal or hazardous parking that does not fall in the above categories, contact us on 1300 MYFREO (1300 693 736) to raise a patrol request.

Vertical Tabs