The City manages 28 car parks, most of which are conveniently located within the city centre and in close proximity of public transport.
Not all parking spaces in Fremantle are managed by the City. We don’t have any authority over the car parks managed by Wilson Parking or other private providers.
Download the parking map if the above image is not displaying correctly.
Free parking locations
- 30 minute free parking in High Street (West End).
- 30 minute free parking in Adelaide Street (between Parry and Queen Street).
- 1 hour free parking surrounding Kings Square on William Street, Queen Street (between Adelaide and High Street), Paddy Troy mall and High Street (East End).
Buy first hour, get second hour free
- Cappuccino Strip car park 61 - 155 bays (Monday to Friday 8am-4pm with a ticket displayed).
- Parry Street car park 01 - 172 bays (Monday to Friday 8am-4pm with a ticket displayed).
- Point Street outdoor car park 6A - 50 bays (Monday to Friday 8am-4pm with a ticket displayed).
Over 1 000 on-street car parking bays outside banks, post office and stores in the city centre. Use PayStay to only pay for the time you actually use.
Cheaper long term parking options are located on the fringes of the city centre (Beach Street, Point Street, Ellen Street and Parry Street car parks). Use PayStay to manage your parking without the worry of the meter running out.
Long term parking permits can be obtained using a registered a PayStay account. For more information please visit our long term parking page.
Licence plate recognition technology is used by our parking inspectors, which means you do not need to display a parking permit in your car.
All day parking
The following City of Fremantle car parks offer all day parking rates. Refer to the map at the top of this page for the location of the car park using the Car Park ID:
Car park ID
Price per day
6 & 6A
12A & 12B