Drivers found in breach of Parking Local Law and related laws will be receiving infringement notices. However, City will acknowledge that at times, there might be mitigating circumstances which are not apparent to our officers.
Please be aware that the circumstances where an infringement will not be withdrawn include:
- Appointments / meetings ran over
- Transport services were late
- A phone call was important
- Had to get change/arrange payment (for free 1 hour parking facilities, please see parking section)
- Signs were confusing
- Did not see the signs
- There was nowhere else to park
- Other people occupied my usual bay
Parking on yellow lines and within 10 meters of an intersection may incur a fine under our Parking Local Law
All appeals must be submitted in due time (28 days) for review. Appeals received after the infringement is registered with Fines and Enforcement Registry will not be accepted.
Non payment of infringements
All infringements must be paid within twenty-eight (28) days of the date of issuance of the infringement notice.
If the City of Fremantle has not received payment within twenty-eight (28) days of issuance, a reminder notice will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle and a further twenty-eight (28) days granted to make payment or nominate a driver.
Furthermore, if a payment is not made or a driver is not nominated, a final demand will be issued with additional penalties. Please be aware that a driver nomination is not applicable during final demand stage.
As a result of non-payment, the matter will be sent to Fines and Enforcement Registry for further action such as suspension of driver's license.
Details to be included in your appeal request are:
- Name and address
- Infringement number
- Date of notice
- Vehicle registration
- Photocopies of relevant supporting documents
- An explanation of why the notice should be reviewed
You can appeal via using the following;
- an online form
- a parking infringement review lodgement form sent to the City of Fremantle, PO Box 807, Fremantle WA 6959
- or alternatively, in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking reviews are generally resolved within 12 business days, however if you do not receive a response within this time, please contact customer service on 08 9432 9999.