Develop my property | City of Fremantle

Develop my property

Planning approval is required for most types of development and land use in the City of Fremantle. 

Development includes:

  • the erection, construction or demolition of any building or structure
  • building alterations or additions
  • excavation work.

Planning approval is required for, but not limited to:

  • single houses
  • grouped dwellings
  • multiple dwellings
  • additions and alterations
  • industrial and commercial developments
  • outbuildings except those permitted by the scheme
  • changes made to the use of land and/or buildings except those permitted by the scheme
  • signage and other advertisements except those permitted by the scheme
  • fencing except that permitted by the scheme
  • development of sites listed on the City's heritage list, including demolition, renovations maintenance and building
  • refurbishments
  • altering ground levels beyond that permitted by the scheme
  • existing structures without council approval
  • home occupations
  • filling or clearing of land
  • signs
  • painting of front facades
  • demolition of buildings
  • some satellite dishes, air-conditioning units, antennas
  • trading in public places
  • outdoor dining
  • non low-impact telecommunication facilities
  • solar panels.

It is recommended applicants make an appointment with a planning officer prior to lodging an application. Applicants can discuss proposals and preliminary plans with planning officers to get an ideal of the planning process. Planning officers can advise applicants on the proposed development and information required to lodge a complete application, which can aid in reducing the process time.

You can arrange an appointment to discuss your planning requirements and application by contacting us on 08 9432 9999 or email, or visit us at the customer service centre, Fremantle Oval, 70 Parry Street, Fremantle

Contact us

Customer service centre
Fremantle Oval
70 Parry Street
T 08 9432 9999

Vertical Tabs