Leeuwin Ocean Adventures
The Leeuwin Ocean Adventure Scholarships provide a unique opportunity for young people in Fremantle to have a real high seas adventure. Successful applicants will learn life and leadership skills through a hands-on seven day sailing voyage aboard a magnificent sailing ship the STS Leeuwin II. Leeuwin Voyages are endorsed by the Curriculum Council of WA, click here to find out how you can earn WACE points. There are three Youth Explorer scholarships and one Ultimate Challenge scholarship available.
Leeuwin Ocean Adventure Scholarship dates for 2017-2018 are:
- Youth Explorer 29 November –5 December 2017 (Reference #1714)
Applications close, 9am Friday 15 September 2017
- Ultimate Challenge: 31 January – 4 February 2018 (Reference #UC18)
Applications not open.
*The Ultimate Challenge is designed for young people with physical, sensory or intellectual limitations.
- City of Fremantle Leeuwin Ocean Adventure Scholarships information sheet
- Information for students
- Information for teachers
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- He/she must be between 14 and 25 years of age when the voyage departs.
- He/she must live, play sport, or attend an educational facility/youth services in the City of Fremantle.
- All relevant sections of the application form must be completed and signed.
- A letter of support is required, outlining how the scholarship will benefit the applicant (including academic and personal developments), from a teacher, a mentor at school or at university, a sporting coach or youth service in Fremantle.
- Upon a successful scholarship, the applicant will need to complete a Leeuwin Voyage Participant Medical and Application Form, to be assessed by the Leeuwin Foundation before final approval.
- Participants are to grant the City of Fremantle and the Leeuwin Ocean Adventure Foundation the right to use any images, video or testimonials recorded during the voyage for promotional purposes, including social media, but excluding commercial usage.
- Applicants can’t select other Youth Explorer Voyage than the one offered.
- Applicants are responsible for their own transport to the voyage’s departure and arrival locations.
- Applicants are to provide feedback to the City in a medium of their choice (written journal, visual diary).
- Applicants acknowledge that they will have the responsibility to represent the City of Fremantle and their local community.
Join the adventure, apply now:
Youth Explorer Applications close 9am, Friday 15 September 2017
Download the applicable application form.
For Youth Explorer adventure, download and complete this form.
For Ultimate Challenge adventure, download and complete this form.
Submit the completed application form and all supporting documents by the application closing time to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience technical difficulties please post the completed application and supporting documents to PO Box 807 Fremantle 6959, addressed Attn Youth.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their submission within four weeks of the closing date.
For further information please contact the Community Development Team on 9432 9874 or email@example.com