Drainage and street lighting | City of Fremantle

Top Menu

Drainage and street lighting


Report a drainage or street light issue

If water is bubbling from under the road pavement - please report issues directly to the Water Corporation. All other issues should be reported to the City of Fremantle.

Most street lights are the responsibility of Western Power - please report issues directly with Western Power.  Note, decorative or feature street lights within the CBD and suburbs are maintained by the City of Fremantle.

Visit the Customer Portal to:

Alternatively, you can call the City's Works Team on 08 9432 9999.

Storm water

Property owners are responsible for water retention on private property, in consultation with City Infrastructure Department / Principal. 

Storm water is generated by rain runoff from the house, garage roof, crossovers, patios, paths, tennis courts and other hard surfaces.  Storm water that falls within a property must be contained within that property. You can retain storm water on your property by using permeable paving, pebble paths, infiltration trenches, soak wells, lawn, garden areas and swales.

Rebates for installation of rainwater tanks

Water Corporation provides rebates for the installation of rainwater tanks. 

Request for an additional/new street light

If you would like to request a street to be assessed for additional street lighting, contact the City of Fremantle on 08 9432 9999.

Vertical Tabs