Find on this page
- About the Fremantle Recycling Centre.
- Trailer passes.
- Accepted items.
- Disposal costs.
- Recycling Roadshow Rollout.
Have you visited the Fremantle Recycling Centre recently? It has doubled in size and can now handle a range of hazardous household items, as well as regular recyclable material.
The Fremantle Recycling Centre is free to all City of Fremantle residents – to access the facility please bring your photo ID showing your residential address (e.g. driver’s license) with your rates notice or a bill. To drop off unrecyclable bulky waste, remember your voucher letter.
- The recycling centre is for residents only. It is not for commercial use.
- There is a limit of one standard 6x4 trailer load of clean bricks, pavers and slabs.
- Residents can drop off their unrecyclable household bulk goods such as sofas, chairs, tables, cabinets, up to four times a year with the voucher letter.
- A free home collection service is available for residents 55 years and over.
Location and opening hours
Fremantle Recycling Centre is located opposite the golf course on Montreal Street, Fremantle.
Opening hours are:
- Friday: 12pm to 4pm (note: the centre will be closed on the Good Friday public holiday (Friday 19 April)).
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 4pm
In addition to the City's bulk verge collection service, residents have the option of dropping off their household junk (including non-recyclable items) up to four times a year at the Fremantle Recycling Centre.
- This service is for residential properties only and is restricted to one box trailer per residence.
- You must bring your junk drop-off letter with you and have it stamped each time you visit.
- If you have lost/misplaced your letter, please contact us for a replacement.
Fremantle residents can drop the following off to the recycling centre:
- car batteries
- household batteries
- clean and unbroken bricks, pavers and slabs
- good quality clothing for charity
- domestic whitegoods e.g. microwaves, washing machines, fridges (we will degas them)
- e-waste e.g. TVs, computers and monitors
- printer cartridges
- gas bottles
- fire extinguishers
- light globes
- motor oil
- recycling - the same material that goes in your yellow top bin
- one trailer load (6x4 trailer size) of clean green waste including shrub and tree pruning up to 1.5m in length and 30cm in diameter.
Fremantle Recycling Centre does not accept:
- mixed general waste, bags or boxes of rubbish
- poisons or chemicals
- sand, soil, concrete or rocks
- wood off-cuts or timber
- hardy fencing
- sheet glass, glass panels and glass shower screens.
The City will only accept asbestos at the recycling centre on predetermined dates and if it has been removed and presented in accordance to the national safety guidelines.
The cost for disposal of a mattress is $30 each.
The cost for disposal of a tyre is $18 each.
Visit our what's on page for the latest dates.
We welcome your feedback
If you have used our Fremantle Recycling Centre recently, we’d love to receive your feedback and suggestions.
For more information or to make a request, please contact the City on 9432 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Recycle Right to find useful tips on how you can reduce, reuse and recycle.