Find out what items can be recycled at the Fremantle Recycling Centre, Reuse Shop trading hours, how to dispose of hazardous household waste.
Fremantle Recycling Centre is free to all City of Fremantle residents. To access the facility please bring your photo ID showing your residential address (e.g. driver’s license) with your rates notice or a bill to verify residency. To drop off unrecyclable bulky waste, remember your voucher letter.
Fremantle Recycling Centre is located opposite the golf course on Montreal Street, Fremantle.
Opening hours are Fridays from 12pm to 4pm and Saturdays and Sundays 8am to 4pm. The Reuse Shop is still closed until further notice.
The centre is closed on the Good Friday public holiday.
In addition to recyclable materials, residents are entitled to four (4) drop-offs of household bulk waste per year. Bulk waste vouchers are sent to residents with the annual waste calendar in August.
This service is for residential properties only and is restricted to one box trailer per residence.
Accepted items (proof of residence required)
- Aerosol cans
- Batteries (household and vehicle)
- Clean and unbroken blocks, bricks and pavers
- Electronic waste
- Electrical appliances and electrical cables
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes
- Gas bottles and gas cylinders
- Fire extinguishers (red only)
- Good quality clothing, shoes and bags for charity
- Mobile phones
- Motor oil (up to 20L)
- One trailer load per day (6x4 trailer size) of clean green waste including shrub and tree prunings up to 1.5m in length and 30cm in diameter
- Paint (up to 100L)
- Printer cartridges
- Recycling – the same materials that go in your yellow-lidded bin
- Scrap metal
Accepted items (proof of residence and bulk waste voucher required)
Bulky household waste, for example:
- Large furniture items such as tables, chairs, couches, drawers, cabinets
- Intact ceramic sinks and toilets
- Bed frames
- Strollers, prams and car seats
- Large plastic tubs
- Dog beds
- Golf bags
- Office chairs
Fees apply to drop off the following:
Mattresses and bases - $33.50 charge per item
Tyres - $20.10
Not accepted material
The recycling centre does not currently accept the following:
- Acids, cleaners or bleaches
- Asbestos, hardifence or any material resembling asbestos
- Building rubble
- Commercial green waste, recycling or bulk waste
- General waste, boxes or bags of rubbish
- Poisons or chemicals
- Sand, soil, concrete or rocks
- Sheet glass, mirrors and shower screens
- Smoke detectors
- Soft plastics
- Wood and timber off cuts
For information on how to safely dispose of these items, please visit the Recycle Right website.