Entry to Fremantle Recycling Centre
Fremantle Recycling Centre is free to all City of Fremantle and Town of East Fremantle residents with presentation of a photo ID showing your residential address (e.g. driver’s license). If your photo ID does not contain your current residential address, please also bring a rates notice or a bill to verify residency.
**Town of East Fremantle residents will also need to bring their bulk drop-off letter to drop off bulky items.**
Entry passes are now digital for City of Fremantle Residents
City of Fremantle residents can visit the Fremantle Recycling Centre with proof of residency (ie: driver's license and utility bill) to claim their entry pass. No voucher letter is required. Staff will record entries on our new app. This will alleviate issues with lost letters and reduce paper usage.
In addition to recyclable materials, residents are entitled to four (4) drop-offs of household bulk waste per year. Entry passes are for residential properties only and are restricted to one box trailer per pass.
The Fremantle Recycling Centre is located at 19A Montreal Street, Fremantle.
Fridays: 12–4pm (Re-use Shop open)
Saturday and Sunday: 8am–4pm (Re-use Shop open)
The recycling centre is closed on public holidays.
What can I bring to the Fremantle Recycling Centre?
Household hazardous waste (HHW): these items can be dropped off through the household hazardous waste program. This service is available to all residents including those residing outside of the City of Fremantle and Town of East Fremantle. The program only accepts 20kg or 20 litres per material type (unless otherwise stated) and only domestic waste (no business waste accepted, unless otherwise stated):
- Acids and alkalis
- Batteries (household)
- Engine coolants and glycols
- Fire extinguishers - non halon (red) only
- Fluorescent lamps and tubes (CFLs)
- Gas cylinders (small household)
- Household chemicals and cleaners
- Paint (you are allowed to drop off up to 100L. Commercial operators are also able to drop off up to 100L)
- Pool chemicals
- Smoke detectors
- Unknown chemicals (must be in sealed, chemical resistant containers)
This project is supported by the Government of Western Australia and administered by the Waste Authority.
Not accepted material
The recycling centre does not currently accept the following:
- Building rubble
- Broken furniture
- Commercial green waste, recycling or bulk waste
- Emergency position indicating radio beacons (EPIRBs) and personal locator beacons (PLBs)
- Explosives, ammunition and firearms
- Fire extinguishers - halon (yellow)
- General waste, boxes or bags of rubbish
- Medications and pharmaceuticals
- Sand, soil, concrete or rocks
- Sharps and needles
- Sheet glass, mirrors and shower screens
- Soft plastics
- Wood and timber off cuts
For information on how to safely dispose of these items, please visit the Recycle Right website.
Alternative Garden Waste Drop Off
City of Fremantle residents are also able to drop off a trailer (6x4) load of garden organic waste to the Canning Vale Centre's Garden Waste Facility, using one of the digital Fremantle Recycling Centre passes.
To use this facility:
- Take proof of residency (photo identification) to the City's administration, 70 Parry Street Fremantle.
- The City officer will take one Fremantle Recycling Centre Pass off our app.
- A letter will be issued, allowing one standard trailer (6x4) of green waste to be dropped off to Canning Vale.
- Present the letter and photo identification to the weighbridge attendant.
The Canning Vale Centre's Garden Waste Facility is located at 350 Bannister Road, Canning Vale, and is operated by the Resource Recovery Group. The facility is open Monday to Sunday, 8am - 4pm.
What do you think of the Fremantle Recycling Centre?
Complete this 5 minute survey to give us your feedback. This will assist us to provide a better service for the community.