Find on this page
- Current two-bin service.
- Future three-bin service (FOGO).
- What goes in your bins.
- Acceptable recyclables.
The City currently provides a two-bin waste collection service to residents:
- organic household waste: 240 litre bin with green lid – collected weekly
- recycling: 240 litre or 360 litre* bin with yellow lid – collected fortnightly.
In 2019-20, the City will be rolling out the new Food Organic Garden Organic (FOGO) service. This service comprises a three-bin system, including:
- Food Organic Garden Organic (FOGO): 240 litre bin with a lime green lid
- Recycling (non-organic): 240 litre bin with a yellow lid
- General waste: 140 litre bin with a red lid
The roll-out will include a high-profile education program to let people know what to put in each bin and how the system will work.
To find out more, view the City’s FOGO a go-go media release (31/5/18).
All items should be placed clean, dry and empty with lids removed and placed in the bin loosely. PLEASE ENSURE ITEMS ARE NOT TIED UP IN A PLASTIC BAG.
For more information on what can be recycled, head to the Recycle Right website.