Find on this page
- Bulk waste verge collection
- Green waste verge collection
- Disposal of additional green waste
- Household e-waste disposal
- Waste collection service (55+)
Bulk waste will be collected from all domestic residents from Monday 4 February.
Items we collect:
- Electronic waste (e-waste) such as computers, laptops and TVs
- Scrap metal
- Split cycle air conditioners
- Timber products
- White goods such as fridges, washing machines and stoves.
Items we don't collect:
- Building materials such as bricks, tiles and cement
- Domestic rubbish
- Hazardous materials such as chemicals, paint and oil*
- Plates (sheet) glass, mirrors and shower screens
- Tyres, car bodies and other car parts
- Waste from commercial properties and schools.
The City provides two bulk green waste verge collections per year - from Monday 29 April for Area A and from Monday 6 May for Area B.
To find out which area your property resides in, see the 2018-19 City of Fremantle Waste Collection Calendar.
We will collect tree trunks, branches and shrub prunings up to:
- 1.5 metres in length
- 30cm in diameter
- Two trailer loads (6x4 trailer size) or two cubic metres of green waste.
Items we don’t collect:
- General rubbish, junk or white goods
- Bags or boxes of leaves, loose leaves or grass clippings
- Dug out lawn, weeds or root materials
- Sand and soil materials.
Placement of items on verge
- green waste can be placed on the verge of your property up to two days prior to collection
- green waste cannot be placed on vacant land or park land
- place your green waste on your verge as neatly as possible
- ensure your green waste does not obstruct footpaths, driveways or sprinklers
- for ease of access, place your green waste away from walls, fences, power poles and trees.
Important note: Non-compliance with the above guidelines may result in your items not being collected and/or a fine.
If you miss the verge collection, clean green waste can be dropped off at the Fremantle Recycling Centre, free of charge.
More information and contacts
For green waste collection enquiries please contact the City on 9432 9999 or email email@example.com.
Batteries, printer cartridges and mobile phones can be disposed of at the Library located at Fremantle Oval, 70 Parry Street. The library is open from:
- Mon-Thurs: 9am to 6pm
- Fri: 9am to 5pm
- Sat: 9am to 1pm
- Sun: 11am to 3pm.
The City provides a home collection services for residents aged 55+ for the following items:
- Category 1: white goods. i.e. stoves, fridges, washing machines
- Category 2: e-waste. i.e. computers, printers, keyboards, TVs
- Category 3: mattresses.
Eligible residents can arrange one pickup from each category per year up to a maximum of two whitegoods, five e-waste items and one mattress.
Items from each individual category can be collected all at the same time or separately.
Whitegoods do not need to be de-gassed before collection.
More information and contacts
For more information or to make a request, please contact the City on 9432 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org