Find out about commercial waste disposal, including requesting a commercial bin service, and disposal of bulk (green and junk) and hazardous waste.
Service, collection fee and weekend surcharge
- Monthly service fee - This is to account for CPI/inflation to reflect additional costs incurred by the City.
- Weekend surcharge - There has been an increase in the number of weekend services in recent times requiring the use of additional resources during weekend hours. As a result, the City has had to increase its service fee in order to reflect the true nature of the costs incurred during this operational time frame.
- Recycling collection fee - The City has been running a recycling trial with local businesses by providing a free 240L co-mingled recycling service, in order to encourage good waste management practises. The success of this trial has increased to a level where these additional collections can no longer be absorbed into its regular service offering. The City ceased the trial in November 2018 and a small fee will then be raised to assist in offsetting the rising collection costs.
The City provides an industrial/commercial bin service on request.
The following bins are available:
- 240 litres to 3 cubic metres for refuse.
- 240-360 litres for recycling.
- 1,100 litres for cardboard only.
Alternatively, you can purchase bins from an independent supplier.
Fees apply for the commercial bin service and vary depending on your needs.
To find out more or to request a commercial bin service please contact us (details below).
Bins are missed due to various reasons ie a vehicle was in the way, locked gate, bin located in a different area.
To request a pick-up for a missed bin service, please contact us (details below).
For more information or to make a request, please contact the City on 9432 9999 or email email@example.com.